finasteride

I have begun taking them. It comes in 5 mg. tabs. The doctor said cut them into 4 pieces. I thought no problem I am a nurse I do that all the time. Well its not a big pill and four pieces end up really messy. I have ended up cutting them into three's so I get about 1.6 mg a day instead of 1.25.

What have been your guys experiences or any suggestions.?

I have begun taking them. It comes in 5 mg. tabs. The doctor said cut them into 4 pieces. I thought no problem I am a nurse I do that all the time. Well its not a big pill and four pieces end up really messy. I have ended up cutting them into three's so I get about 1.6 mg a day instead of 1.25.

What have been your guys experiences or any suggestions.?

I had the same problem, I tried but only got about three pieces out of them. Dr. Keene then told me to cut them all in half. Then when you go to take one, just bite the half into. It's easier that way. I haven't had any problems since. I did this when I renewed my prescription.

Originally posted by Jrbrass:

I had the same problem, I tried but only got about three pieces out of them. Dr. Keene then told me to cut them all in half. Then when you go to take one, just bite the half into. It's easier that way. I haven't had any problems since. I did this when I renewed my prescription.

thats a good suggestion. I shall try that.