What NW would you classify this as?

Hey Everyone. I wanted to get everyones opinion on 2 things. What NW would you classify the picture on my hairloss weblog titled "Worst Case" (the hair on top is not comb-over, it is just very thin hair). If you knew that this is the worst possible MPB you would end up with at age 80 with no use of meds, what would you do if you were 30 years old now and a NW 3? Would you dense-pack your temple areas with a fairly aggressive NW 1 hairline (but not quite armaniesque)?

Hey Everyone. I wanted to get everyones opinion on 2 things. What NW would you classify the picture on my hairloss weblog titled "Worst Case" (the hair on top is not comb-over, it is just very thin hair). If you knew that this is the worst possible MPB you would end up with at age 80 with no use of meds, what would you do if you were 30 years old now and a NW 3? Would you dense-pack your temple areas with a fairly aggressive NW 1 hairline (but not quite armaniesque)?

I cant really get a good look at your head from that shot. But I was norwood 3 or a norwood 4 with frontal loss mostly. I am 39 years old and I did not get on the meds until 4 months ago. I would try the meds 1st and see how they work for you. Then I would in your case get a long term plan and go with a mega session with frontal hairline and mid top and hope the meds where going to work in the crown area. I would say at least 2 surgeries as my case also.

I think the plan is a big part of how you are going to achieve the results and satisfaction on your 1st ht. As I my case I am waiting atleast 1 year to see my full results and if I think I need a little more then we will do the touchup phase. Can you post some better pics?

NW4,

I agree with djdennis in that one can't make a proper determination based on that view alone.

But if I had to guess, I'd say a NW5A or a NW6 with some thin hair on top....though it honestly looks like a comb over.

To answer your second question, no, if I knew that I was going to end up a NW6 or 7, I would not dense pack the hairline or the temples, but spread it out over a larger area to gain an illusion of fullness with some density. Heck, being a NW6, that's basically what I did icon_smile.gif

Bill

That photo is not of me, it represents the worst case of MPB in my family. I am a 30 year old with temple recession only (I have photos on my weblog). It is the only photo I have, sorry it is hard to see. There is still thin hair on top and the crown does not recede down far on the back of the head, so I was thinking a mild NW5 since only the very top of the head is affected, although the sidburn areas & temple points have receded quite a bit.

My main goal right now is to create a better looking hairline which would take at least 2000 grafts to fill in the temples. I guess if I do this and end up a NW5, then I will have more surgeries, but will only have enough grafts for mild coverage of the crown. Do you guys think this is too risky? I know I alone can only make that decision, but it helps me to hear the perspectives of some more experienced people on these forums.

My dad would beat my ass if he knew I posted his pic on this forum with those questions... icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't assume YOU won't be the worst in your family as far as MPB goes. Don't go down too far on the hairline until you hit 40, and even then you could still lose hair.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week