Numbness

Carlos

Firstly thanks for this forum maker for discussion.

My problem is numbness at my back of head which occured after hair tranplation. After the transplation above the scar area is totally numb. Probably my doctor cut my nerve. After 4 months my right back of my head becomes normal. But left of my back head is still numb although 10 months passed after the transplation. Is there a posibbilty to recover nerve damage by surgical operation or Is there a chance of recovery by own like right of my back head?

Firstly thanks for this forum maker for discussion.

My problem is numbness at my back of head which occured after hair tranplation. After the transplation above the scar area is totally numb. Probably my doctor cut my nerve. After 4 months my right back of my head becomes normal. But left of my back head is still numb although 10 months passed after the transplation. Is there a posibbilty to recover nerve damage by surgical operation or Is there a chance of recovery by own like right of my back head?

Talk to your doctor ASAP!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'm from Turkey. My doctor said that their is possibiliy to recover itself but it may be a permanent damage if 2 nerves does not contact to each other. The reason I write this message here is; Is there a person whose nerves recover 10 months or more later.

Bro, left side of scar area or recipient?? Either way, give it a few more months and it will probably return to normal. For Carlos, ten months seems way to long for things not to have returned to normal. Sorry you have this problem, the doctor may have permanently injured you I fear. Please go back and demand some action or compensation.

NoBuzz

Guest bro66

Thanks. It's the left side just above the scar. I don't remember any numbness from my first HT last year. The doc used the trico closure this time, maybe that's the difference.

Carlos,

One of the rare risks to an HT is permanent numbness. Though this is extremely rare, it CAN happen. I honestly can't answer whether or not the numbness will go away at this point or not...a doctor would be more qualified to tell you that. Perhaps get a second opinion by another HT doc or even your local physician.

Bro,

At over 4 months, I'm still experiencing a little bit of numbness as well...it continues to improve with time. I'm sure yours will too.

Bill

From personal experience, unfortunately, I can tell you that a severed nerve should grow back within 3-4 months. Honestly, if you're at 10 months I'm guessing that it may not happen for you. The only recourse you have is to call a qualified surgeon who can look into this for you. Start with your HT surgeon and then move on from there.

Best of luck to you!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

If your still mostly numb a 10 months there is not a high probability of getting a lot of sensation back. You need to talk to your doctor and get his advise.

I had similar problems after my HT2. At 10 months I had maybe 30% or 40% of my feeling back on the top left back side. It's now been 28 months and I have maybe 60% or 70%.

Carlos,

As you probably can deduce from the responses, 10 mos out is more than the norm time to recover feeling. However, that was one of the few "negative" experiences I had was the prolonged numbness. For me, it was kind of strange, but the left side of the back of my head, just above the donor site, was numb, as well as part of the recipient area. It was something that bothered me and I was a little worried, but I resigned to the fact I had to live with out, what else are you going to do. But, it did come back, or I'd say 95%, by the 12th to 13th month. I don't want to give you false hopes; all I can do is share my experience. In the meantime, you can call you doc for peace of mind as a few have suggested, but he is going to tell you just wait. I'm not sure what else he can say, besides, "sorry, but it happens". So hang in there and maybe things will improve in that area for you.

At first thank you for your messages.

Something like a miracle happened. 2 days after I post this message to this forum, numbness decreases. Right part of my left back is still numb but i can feel left left part icon_smile.gif

Guest bro66

its gotten a little better since last week. well, maybe since i buzzed, clipper shaved, my head today. i wanted to get a good look at the progress of my scar, its seems to be healing okay, its much smoother now, but still very red.