oh guys give me some encouragement

I just switched my surgery day from12-12 to 12-1, this is my first ht, of coarse Im like a woman before her wedding in a little panic, icon_smile.gif. My doc is Rose at shapiro. I also live very close to his office and would be willing to meet people in person and show my results. Im going in for 2500 hopefully more right icon_wink.gif. So guys give me the final pep talk. thanks

I just switched my surgery day from12-12 to 12-1, this is my first ht, of coarse Im like a woman before her wedding in a little panic, icon_smile.gif. My doc is Rose at shapiro. I also live very close to his office and would be willing to meet people in person and show my results. Im going in for 2500 hopefully more right icon_wink.gif. So guys give me the final pep talk. thanks

we were all a little nervous before going in, I know I was so i asked for some happy pills! took the edge off and once it got going didn't realize why I was so worried! then after I though why the heck didn't I do this earlier!! so you'll be fine, if you're a little on edge get some happy pills from the doc

Relax Troy, you're gonna be a happy camper after it's over. At two months out I'm getting excited about what the next few months hold. My scar looks great and my grafts are primed and ready to grow. When you go with one of the top doctors, like Dr. Rose, the whole process is actually very interesting and exciting.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Gorphy, you and I will have about the same amount of grafts placed when its all said and done. Quetion to you, at what point in time is your donar scar unnoticable? Funny story, I asked people on here if they put there life on hold untill they were all healed, some said "no live life", now I have met a few women, I dont want to tell them about the ht. how long do I need to keep them at bay before going out with them with out them noticing. Do you think my donor will be totally undetectable as well as the recipient area. That way I can use the old, Im taking a break because im so busy with the holidays excuse. Thanks again for all of everyones input

Troy,

It's hard to say. My donar area was immediately undetectable. That is to say, my hair covered it well from the start. But I suppose it depends on your hair length, the doctors methods, shock loss etc. I just had one small area that showed a little unevenness, but a little creative combing fixed that.

The recipient area was another story. My grafts took a bit longer than usual to shed. At one week, I still had some bloody scabs (scabs created from light bleeding)left. At two weeks the final follicular scabs (tiny white scabs associated with each graft) finally fell out, but I still had most of my grafted hair. This gave me a look of a 5'oclock shadow all over the area. Very noticable. Sometime between two and three weeks, the grafts started to shed rapidly and the area started to look very much like I never had anything done. If I wanted to go out I used a little of my wifes makeup to cover the redness. It works great. So, I'd say sometime after a couple of weeks you'll be ready to go.

These things vary from person to person, but I'd think you'll need at least a couple of weeks if you don't want anyone to suspect anything.

Did this help?

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Troy, I don't remember if you posted any pictures or not. If you don't have much hair up there already, it might not be too noticable.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hi Troy

It took me about 10 days before all of the scabs etc.were pretty much gone. Granted, I had hair to cover while utilizing Dermatch.

As far as being nervous, look at it this way. Just think how privledged you are to have this done. Many can't to afford it and would be delighted to have this. It's a positive moment in your life and from post surgery on- It's going to be AWESOME!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by troy:

sorry the previous pic sucks, i just dont have any good ones, they are all to big of files

Troy,

If you want to email me the photos you want to post so I can resize them for you and make you a photo album, just email them to me at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey Troy,

Well tomorrow is your big day. The surgery day is a breeze...just long. You won't feel anything really short of a few pinches in the beginning when they apply the anesthetic.

If your head is being shaved in the receipient area, and you don't want anyone to notice, well, wear a hat icon_wink.gif. That's all I can say buddy. It WILL be noticable that something is going on for awhile on the top. The donor scar will be undetectable depending on how long you keep the sides and back of your hair. There is no such thing as an "invisible" scar...but the hair on the sides and back can cover it nicely. The problem is, you won't look "normal" with long sides and back and a buzzed recipient area. If I were you, I'd wait til the stitches are out, then buzz the sides and back to meet the length of the recipient. The donor scar will be observable, BUT, you'll look much more normal overall.

But remember..all this strange looking abnormality is only for a short time. In about 3 months, you'll notice some minor growth, and in about 6 months, your hairs should be off and running icon_wink.gif.

It's ashame you don't have any good pics of the recipient area...from your pic, I'm not observing much hairloss.

Bill

Troy,

I set up a photo album for you. The only problem is that since I set it up, only I can go in and edit it. If you would like to make your own photo album so you can add photos and text of your own, just follow the directions below:

1) Go to the "New" button, click it, and select "Photo Album."

2) If you are on the main page when you do this, it will ask which forum it belongs under. The Hair Transplant Patient Photo Albums forums were made for photo albums. If you are already in the forum you want it in, it will pop up with a little screen that will direct you throughout the process.

3) Select an album name.

4) Give a brief (or not-so-brief) intro. This is just like a regular post.

5) Select "Personal Album" if you want to be the only one that can manipulate/add/delete photos.

"Community Album" allows any member to add photos.

6) Hit "Next."

7) Now you upload the photos from your hard drive. You can upload 9 at a time, but you have the option to upload more after the first 9 are uploaded.

8) Hit "Next"

9) The next screen allows you to organize your photos in whatever order you like and to add text to them.

10) Hit "Next" again and it will show you roughly what your album will look like. It doesnt show paragraphs but they will come out like you typed it.

11) Select "Post" if you are happy with the arrangement.

12) You can always go back and edit your photo album.

13) To reply to photo albums, you just click on "comments" at the bottom of the album and then click on the little arrow that appears in the bottom left corner. To reply to regular posts you just click "Reply"

To see comments to the photo album, just click "comments."

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The photo album I set up for you is here.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog