Dr. True vs. Dr. Bernstein

I've met with both Doctors and they seem very similar in their approach and technique. I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 Doctors. Any thoughts from this board on who to use? I'm Norwood 5-6....2000 grafts.

Thanks for all your past help!

I've met with both Doctors and they seem very similar in their approach and technique. I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 Doctors. Any thoughts from this board on who to use? I'm Norwood 5-6....2000 grafts.

Thanks for all your past help!

No question, Dr. Bernstein is the way to go. I wouldn't let True so much as run a brush through my hair. Dr. Bernstein is one of the top, if not the top HT Surgen in the world. He and Dr. Rassman pioneered the all FU transplant, as well as the mega session. Alot of people bitch about him being to expensive. But in my opinion you can't put dollars ahead of results.

Mr. Hair

Dr Bernstein's rep is certainly good. However, I found he was very difficult to access. I would give Dr Feller a call and also Dr Jones (Canada). I went with Dr Jones and I'm very satisfied. Both are accessible, use all FUs and lateral slits. Plus I think you'll find they are both priced considerably less than Dr Bernstein. Also, nothing against the pioneering work of Drs Rassman & Bernstein but I think credit for all FU procedures goes to Dr Limmer and Dr Seager deserves the nod for mega sessions. Best of luck to you.

finding a dr. that is honest and informative is certainly important criteria but the bottom line is the result. when i had to make a decision between several doctors, including Bernstein, i found Dr. True's approach to aesthetics and particularly the hairline much more individualized and detailed, the consultation was professional but very personalized which was important and should be expected...based on our meeting and seeing the results, it was a no brainer. Don't be myopic, you should really do your homework. Good luck!

Though I know nothing about Dr. True, a few days ago here in L.A. I saw a 1AM TV commercial by him and I was very impressed by him and his FU HT examples. Just asking, but why wouldn't Mr Hair in previous post allow True to touch him? I believe the commercial said he does HT's out of Orange County, am I right about this? If so, is he doing the HT or other doc? I ask because of the clinic name Elliot and True.

• 1 month later...

I am a new member, and I have to say to anyone in the whole tri state area looking for a good hair transplant surgeon, I would have to say Dr True and his staff are the ones. I have had two procedures with them, and I could not have had better results anywhere.Dr True and his entire staff are very professional, and have a great bedside manner in which the patients comfort is #1. My result is everything they said it would be, and even better. I found total honesty with them, and again , I highly recommend them.

Anyone thinking of a hair transplant, you owe it to yourself to check them out.