Soooo how are the drugs they give you during the HT??

I've finally decided to take the plunge and schedule a hair transplant sometime before the year is out. (through either Dr. Scott Frayser or Dr. Blane Lehr) So how out of it are you during the transplant? What kind of drugs do they usually give you and how loopy do they make you feel? I ask cause I've read a lot about guys falling asleep during their transplant. Please answer using the universal beer scale: feels like 3 beers, feels like 6 beers, etc. :o)

Peace,

Bry

I've finally decided to take the plunge and schedule a hair transplant sometime before the year is out. (through either Dr. Scott Frayser or Dr. Blane Lehr) So how out of it are you during the transplant? What kind of drugs do they usually give you and how loopy do they make you feel? I ask cause I've read a lot about guys falling asleep during their transplant. Please answer using the universal beer scale: feels like 3 beers, feels like 6 beers, etc. :o)

Peace,

Bry

strawguy,

Welcome to the forums.

I am a lightweight when it comes to drugs. I can drink a pretty good game but something as small as NoDoz will knock me out for a day. As far as I can remember, there was no "buzz" or "loopiness" from the drugs during the procedure for me. I think I went from awake to babbling incoherently to passed out in about 10 minutes.

Your mileage may vary, of course. I am, of course, exaggerating a little. The effect is pretty mild and serves to give the patient a feeling of calm and restfulness.

There are cheaper ways to get a buzz, you know...icon_wink.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Strawperson

The Shapiro MG gave me DIAZEPAM (Generic Vallium) sedative . . . 2 purple tablets at extended intervals through an 11 hour procedure.

It rapidly brings your pre-op. blood pressure down and yes, you can (and probably will) eventually drift off to sleep. Walking to the restroom is best accomplished with an arm to rest on - and you definitely won't be driving home!

I wouldn't relate the feeling to a beer scale (some folks get aggressive, right?) - But you will, as Robert has described, feel amazingly calm and totally carefree . . . makes for a totally relaxed procedure as I remember.

Sorleyboy

Less filling, taste great, low carbs and non-fat. You can't go wrong with that combo.

6 pack punch without the screwy lizard brain side affects. You'll still be operating on all cylinders, you just won't give a sh**!

Robert pretty much hit the nail-on-the-head.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

1st doc gave me laughing gas, felt like a bong hit and i felt really wierd. stayed awake a lot of the time

2nd doc gave me valium, i slept the whole time.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"