Elvis Temple Reconstruction

uncjim

I've noticed that temple reconstruction is a subject that's being discussed more regularly these days. When I had my initial work done by Dr. Wong back in 2002, I think Hasson and Wong may have been the only clinic performing surgery in this ever important area. Things appear to have changed, which is a very good thing. Below is a chronology of my Elvis Temple evolution. On the far left is before Hasson and Wong, next is after my first surgery with Dr.Wong ( November 19, 2002) followed by the second (February 11, 2004). The far right displays the beefing up of the area performed on January 24, 2008. The "part side" of my head is pretty thin. The grafts were inserted to bring me back to that Troy Donahue look (you kids can Google the guy) that I had years ago.

UNC

History.jpg.76064db4ad4a5efdaa9f810b549e6aa7.jpg

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I've noticed that temple reconstruction is a subject that's being discussed more regularly these days. When I had my initial work done by Dr. Wong back in 2002, I think Hasson and Wong may have been the only clinic performing surgery in this ever important area. Things appear to have changed, which is a very good thing. Below is a chronology of my Elvis Temple evolution. On the far left is before Hasson and Wong, next is after my first surgery with Dr.Wong ( November 19, 2002) followed by the second (February 11, 2004). The far right displays the beefing up of the area performed on January 24, 2008. The "part side" of my head is pretty thin. The grafts were inserted to bring me back to that Troy Donahue look (you kids can Google the guy) that I had years ago.

UNC

Thank you Jorge1977. Before my first surgery with Dr.Wong, I was told by another surgeon that work wasn't performed in that area. That was quite the disappointment. I realized that work was done there when I saw Jotronic's image on the internet. Once I got in the chair and Dr.Wong penciled out where the temple grafts would be placed, I was shocked at how aggressive he was. The rest is history. Thanks again.

UNC

Cool progression pics, Jim!

I have to admit, I was completely ignorant about temples until after HT #1 and really didn't consider it much for HT #2.

I'm hoping to have some much needed "temple touch-up" for HT #3!

Peace-

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

Thanks. By the time I reached Vancouver, my temples had receded so badly that I had that out of whack look that gives guys with toupees away, as the center of my pluggy hairline was fairly low. I remember asking the first surgeon that worked on me (or should I say butcher that worked on me) to go a little lower than he had intended and I had regretted it ever since. Fortunately it has worked out as Dr.Wong planted the grafts just below the center point of my hairline (and behind), camouflaging the plugs completely. The bringing forward of the sides of the hairline and temples balanced everything out.

Looking forward to your "temple touch up".

Jim

Glad you were in the hands of the Master! icon_cool.gif

Seriously, artistry is a huge part of HT's and I believe Dr. Wong to be at the top with a select few. Yours is a story that started out sad, but, in the hands of a competent surgeon turned out to be truly amazing. I leafed through your Hair Loss Weblog while posting this.............seriously, really looks great, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.