Disfigured MHR victim to tell story

Mahair

I am going on the bald truth radio show to tell the story of how I was lied to and butchered by "Dr." William Magdalin of MHR and his cohort Steve H. and how it has affected my life.It is all true and invite anyone interested including MHR and "Dr." Magdalin to tape it and deny any of it which they do{ "Dr". Magdalin even fabricated what was told to me by him during the consultation to the medical board, it reads more like what he should have said and denies telling me that there were "no complications" which he did at least twice. HE is a pathological liar},how they oversold the benifits of which there we none{only damage}and made claims that no hairtansplant could acheive. I have a witness in my former girlfreind who cannot beleive how profoundly we were mislead and lied to by an M.D. in order that he make a "sale" and how much harm he caused me as a result not only astheticly{Extreme shock loss over my whole head, pitting,scarred irregular scalp,facial wrinkles,scalp discoloraion , seboreic dermititis,etc. }but physically {I no longer sweat from my head and have a bounding heatbeat noone can figure out get flushed whenever I stand up to quickly or exert myself,sharp pains in my head and overall tightness }.Financially {My once thriving business has failed I have lost my house have used up my savings and am in ruins}Mentally{I have been hospitalised 6 times since this has happened to me have been on every anti-depressant under the sun and have even undergone electro-shock therapy as a last resort to try somehow to break this debilitating depression},how we were repeatedly told by he and his conslutant/salesperson that there weren't any complications as this was our main concern, only "great" results from a one time proceedure. That I could go to work the next day.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I am going on the bald truth radio show to tell the story of how I was lied to and butchered by "Dr." William Magdalin of MHR and his cohort Steve H. and how it has affected my life.It is all true and invite anyone interested including MHR and "Dr." Magdalin to tape it and deny any of it which they do{ "Dr". Magdalin even fabricated what was told to me by him during the consultation to the medical board, it reads more like what he should have said and denies telling me that there were "no complications" which he did at least twice. HE is a pathological liar},how they oversold the benifits of which there we none{only damage}and made claims that no hairtansplant could acheive. I have a witness in my former girlfreind who cannot beleive how profoundly we were mislead and lied to by an M.D. in order that he make a "sale" and how much harm he caused me as a result not only astheticly{Extreme shock loss over my whole head, pitting,scarred irregular scalp,facial wrinkles,scalp discoloraion , seboreic dermititis,etc. }but physically {I no longer sweat from my head and have a bounding heatbeat noone can figure out get flushed whenever I stand up to quickly or exert myself,sharp pains in my head and overall tightness }.Financially {My once thriving business has failed I have lost my house have used up my savings and am in ruins}Mentally{I have been hospitalised 6 times since this has happened to me have been on every anti-depressant under the sun and have even undergone electro-shock therapy as a last resort to try somehow to break this debilitating depression},how we were repeatedly told by he and his conslutant/salesperson that there weren't any complications as this was our main concern, only "great" results from a one time proceedure. That I could go to work the next day.

• Administrators

Mahair,

I'm very sorry to hear how negatively you have been impacted by this both physically and mentally. It is really sickening that physicians hiding behind their MDs and slick marketing continue to do irresponsible and lousy work, while misrepresenting themselves and their procedures.

I have seen your many posts regarding this travesty on this and other forums. I know it takes guts to share your story publicly. But by doing so you may help save others from the same fate.

Would you also be willing to post your after photos on this forum? If you do not want your face shown please simply show only your hair. I think it would help demonstrate the problems you refer to and help substantiate your claims.

There is no real secret about how to do excellent hair transplantation. Yet many physicians who know better, continue to choose high volume and profitability over taking the time and care to do it right with the right equipment, staff, training and proper techniques.

There continues to be an ongoing trade off between procedures and techniques that are easy and profitable for the staff but hard on the patient and those procedures that are hard and demanding on the staff but easy on the patient.

All too many surgeons continue to take the easy low road, while fewer take the high road.

Sadly this was true eight years ago when I first got involved with hair transplants and its true today. The standards for great work have gone higher in the past few years but many have not stepped up their work and staff to move with the advances.

Be careful out their folks. An MD behind someones name or a high production value TV commercial do not automatically equal ethics or quality. Do your home work and ask tough questions.

Mahair, best wishes for getting your message out on air.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thank you all for your words of support and concern.It does help.I will be on the radio Sunday night and hope I have enough time to get it all in, there is just so much to tell.I will try to somehow get pictures for posting because they do tell the story better than words can describe.And I do think that people do need to know.

• 2 months later...

I am bringing this up to the top so that it may be re-entered to the system as it does not come up when an internal MAGDALIN search is done. Although the replies made by Robert and Gillenator are no longer in the thread ? My hope is that it will once again appear when a search engine is used outside this forum to alert the general public of this menace and lead them here to be educated.