Dr. Bernstein Speaks about Hair Restoration On Oprah Tonight at 4pm EST on ABC

In addition to being recognized as a leader in the hair transplant industry by his colleagues, Coalition member Dr. Robert Bernstein receives online accolades by his patients for doing excellent work.

Tonight (October 7th, 2008 at 4:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on ABC), the Oprah Winfrey Show features Coalition member Dr. Bernstein discussing new and advanced hair restoration techniques in follicular unit hair transplantation.

Dr. Bernstein will present a video showing how he and his dedicated staff perform the follicular unit hair transplant procedure and present the actual patient live on the show for Oprah to see and guests to see.

Also, Dr. Bernstein will engage the Oprah Winfrey audience to answer their hair loss or hair transplant related questions, examine a member of the audience experiencing early hair loss, and conduct a live demonstration using the densitometer.

The densitometer is self-contained, portable device with a magnifying lens for viewing hairs closely. With this, Dr. Bernstein can determine hair density and look for signs of hair miniaturization which can be used to determine future hair loss and whether or not the patient is a good candidate for medical treatment or hair transplant surgery.

I encourage the members and guests of this community interested to tune in for this special hair restoration broadcast on the Oprah Winfrey Show on October 7th at 4:00PM EST on ABC.

For information see, Hair Transplant Doctor on the Oprah Winfrey Show

Best wishes,

Bill

My girlfriend mentioned to me last night that Oprah would be discussing HTs. Kind of exciting. And I hope that it is not her standard 2-minute segment.

I will be watching it tonight as Oprah plays here in Chicago at both 9am and 11pm.

Thanks Bill for mentioning it on here.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Correction, the Oprah Winfrey show is on ABC, not NBC.

I made the correction in the above.

Eman,

I think the show will be quite good, and much longer than the usual 2 minute segment. I am going to try to watch it at 4pm, but if not, I'll be recording it to watch it later.

4pm EST is only a half hour away.

Best wishes,

Bill

I can just imagine dr. bernstein phone is ringing off the hook after this! It is not like he needs any more marketing.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Just saw the episode and thought it was pretty good. It was a good informational segment with Dr. Bernstein explaining the nuances of HTs, a video of a procedure and the guy 10-months after. I thought that he looked good.

I just wish they would of said to stay away from the large chains, because I know that a lot of guys who watched this will think that all clinics (i.e., the "mills") do similar work to that of Dr. Bernstein.

But overall, I thought it was pretty good.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I saw the Oprah segment, and it's really accurate. Dr. Bernstein certainly is as calm and collected while performing surgery as he appeared on TV. As many of you already know, I am a HUGE Dr. "B" fan (and patient) in that he is repairing a "pluggy" 1991-92 transplant, and doing a masterful job. That messy looking strip/plantation scene to follow, I'm gald I won't be seeing it from that angle on TV! In fact, I recently had to attend a last minute funeral and people noticed how improved my hair looked, I'm guessing that is a polite way to say way to go removing those unsightly plugs!

I was actually hoping for a longer segment, but Dr. Bernstein was a champ, very cool and collected, and clearly presented ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation accurately. It was an excellent opportunity for public exposure both for him and the entire hair transplant industry. Perhaps the mainstream will see that "hair plugs" are a thing of the past.

The presented patient had a very full and natural looking result. His scar was also hardly noticeable. Since my eyes are trained to know where to look, I could see a trace of the scar as the donor area was being combed. But his scar was pencil thin and just about as good as it gets.

Kudos to Dr. Bernstein for offering the public an understanding of the latest and greatest hair transplant techniques.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi MikeyB: I didn't take any pictures, and although I am happy to meet/share with anyone, I don't have anything to post. Dr. B, however, did take pics of the before, and maybe each repair(?) I'll ask, he told me that he would help me put photos once I'm all done on the site. He's really really a good guy, and committed to his work, both on patient's heads and in his research. I cannot say enough good about that guy. (no, I'm not in the medical field and/or employed/supported by his practice or him in any manner). Originally, I was afraid to post pics, but now, frankly, I'm ok with it...see what a down market/economy can do to someone!! I'll investigate on Nov 19 when I have my FINAL hair repair session and get more info re: pics! cc

My guess is that Dr. Bernstein will find a way to capture his interview and link it to his website for all to see. In fact, I'll email him and ask him to do so.

He currently has a link to his Today Show appearance some time ago.

On the Oprah segment, I felt that he did not get sufficient airtime (at least for us interested parties). The theme of that Oprah segment was gender differences. Dr. B got a few minutes. He talked exactly as if he were talking to you in private. He is brutally honest.

You can access all of Oprah's shows, but Dr. B's material is not included in a replay format (as far as I can tell).

A synopsis of what he said and the patient picture he used can be viewed at:

http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow_20080918_gender

Oh, and I do not watch Oprah (not that there is anything wrong with that) icon_smile.gif

I also was finishing a procedure when Dr. Bersteins segment appeared on the Oprah show.

However, I was lucky that my wife was watching and recorded it for me. Dr. Berstein did a great job and represented our profession well. Hopefully many many more people who suffer from hair loss will realize that the technology has improved dramatically and the results can be virtually undetectable. Congratulations Bob.

Dr. Bernstein did an excellent job on the Oprah Show and his patient looked great. What turned me off is that Oprah had the audacity to rub the good Dr's head to call attention to his baldness. I thought it was rude and disrespectful and a display of arrogance on her part. If someone had done that to her, I'm quite sure she would have gone through the roof. To his credit, Dr. Bernstein handled the incident graciously. Does anyone else share my sentiment on this?

Yeah, I sort of agree, oprah showed a slight lack of respect for this obviously talented Dr., who is as good natured as you can imagine! I guess the part that was somewhat disrespectful was rubbing his head...to ask him why he doesn't have this done and to hear him say he's not a good candidate is different, moreover, he never thrust his head in front of her and said, "feel", I guess this supports basic manners that suggest "look but don't touch"!