I can't feel my head!

C2E

As funny as it sounds it's true. I can't feel the top of my head.

My HT was about a month ago. The Dr. attempted 3000 grafts but we only came up with about 2200. As anyone who has had a HT done knows there were some holes poked in my head that were not filled with grafts. Where the grafts were inserted in the front of my head it's numb and even where the holes were poked and no grafts inserted it's numb.

I plan for a second HT in the near future to cover the middle of my head (1st HT grafts were all transplanted in the front 1/3 of my head). Will it be a problem transplanting into the area where the empty holes were poked? Or will that area heal and be as succesful in growth when transplanted as if it were never touched?

My grafts are starting to fall out which I think is normal. Right?

Has anyone ever experienced this loss of feeling after their HT?

Also, does anyone have any opinions or experience with holes poked without grafts put in them and then transplanting into that area at a later date?

I'd really appreciate hearing from some the members and Dr.'s on the site. Thankyou

As funny as it sounds it's true. I can't feel the top of my head.

My HT was about a month ago. The Dr. attempted 3000 grafts but we only came up with about 2200. As anyone who has had a HT done knows there were some holes poked in my head that were not filled with grafts. Where the grafts were inserted in the front of my head it's numb and even where the holes were poked and no grafts inserted it's numb.

I plan for a second HT in the near future to cover the middle of my head (1st HT grafts were all transplanted in the front 1/3 of my head). Will it be a problem transplanting into the area where the empty holes were poked? Or will that area heal and be as succesful in growth when transplanted as if it were never touched?

My grafts are starting to fall out which I think is normal. Right?

Has anyone ever experienced this loss of feeling after their HT?

Also, does anyone have any opinions or experience with holes poked without grafts put in them and then transplanting into that area at a later date?

I'd really appreciate hearing from some the members and Dr.'s on the site. Thankyou

I experienced considerable numbness after my last transplant as well. Most of it was gone within three months, but I had this one spot that continued to stay numb until about the 4 1/2 month mark. I was actually quite concerned about it. At five months now it feels fine.

Thanks for the responses guys.

It's good to know that the numb feeling will wear off eventually.

Arfy, what do you think about transplanting into the area that the holes were poked in? Will a HT have good results going through that area again?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Dr. attempted 3000 grafts but we only came up with about 2200. As anyone who has had a HT done knows there were some holes poked in my head that were not filled with grafts.

This is not the norm. Qualified HT surgeons plan the number of incisions to match the number of grafts. I believe those extra holes will heal over time, with new incisions having to be made at a later date.

SORRY, as I'm sure you find this alarming (I would) but knowledge is the value of this site.

Jim

"TEMPLES 'n CROWNS Forever!"

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I understand that when I do go for a 2nd HT the Dr. will have to make new incisions. I'm now wondering if the hair growth will be as successful in that area where incisions will have been made twice. As opposed to incisions just being made once and grafts placed in them. ???

Thanks for the help guys!

C2E,

The numbness is normal, sometimes it may take a full year before it is completely gone. The thing that is a concern is that you have a number of cuts without implants, normally the slits are made when the number of implants are known. I would suggest that you read this site and at least contact one of the top docs you find talked about here, before going back to the Dr who did your first one. Dr Shapiro did my HT and after a little over two months I am very happy. But there are a number of other top HT docs mentioned on this site. Good luck!