Best of the Best

One time on the forum I remember a thread that listed the best of the best. I know that can be a somewhat subjective topic but can anyone post that list again. I remember the names of Drs. Epstein, Feller, Shapiro, and Hasson Wong. Those are the ones I also see mentioned on this site a lot. I know these are supposed to be among the best but it seems like I remember seeing a few others that are mentioned on here a lot as being top in the field. If anyone could remind me of some other names I'd appreciate it. Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

One time on the forum I remember a thread that listed the best of the best. I know that can be a somewhat subjective topic but can anyone post that list again. I remember the names of Drs. Epstein, Feller, Shapiro, and Hasson Wong. Those are the ones I also see mentioned on this site a lot. I know these are supposed to be among the best but it seems like I remember seeing a few others that are mentioned on here a lot as being top in the field. If anyone could remind me of some other names I'd appreciate it. Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

I just thought I'd add my thoughts.

This is a very popular question and sometimes a dangerous one.

Though some of the answers may be for objective reasons - keep in mind that the majority of responses will be subjective.

For those members and guests reading these types of thread, I encourage you not to take the list of specific names as an abolute and be sure to do your own dilligent research before selecting a physician.

Objectively speaking however, I believe that our coalition physicians are the best of the best because they meet a high level of objective membership standards.

I would trust any hair restoration physician in the coalition to provide me with a quality hair transplant.

Bill

Look at the Coalition listing as was recommended, do some searching, see what you like or don't like...........read experiences of those who have been there/done that with a particular doc.

Use the search feature on the site to help you..........there's TONS of valuable history about all the Docs!!

Best of luck!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks for the information on the coalition of doctors. As long as I have been on this site I didn't even know that list was there. It is interesting that there are so many names on that list but only a handful of doctors are mentioned over and over again on this forum. At first I thought maybe it was because these are doctors in larger metropolitan areas with a larger potential patient base but then I remembered that most of these doctors patients fly in from all over the world. Hmmm? Any ideas why the same ones seem to be mentioned over and over? Just curious. Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Thanks for your input. I believe you are right about those doctors consistently delivering superior results. I would think if a doctor made the cut to be on the collation list then they too would offer consistent superior results. I have already had my first procedure with a doctor on the list. It is too soon to speak about my results yet. I am planning on the second procedure as soon as it is permissible. I was wondering if there are pros and cons to sticking with the same doctor for the second procedure or if maybe there is a benefit of a different doctor for the second one. Maybe I'll post that as a separate question. I have no problems with the doctor that did the first one. He is very friendly and is one of the doctors frequently mentioned on this forum.

I know Shapiro is in Minneapolis and H&W are in Vancouver and you are right those aren't the biggest cities in the world so it is interesting that some of the top doctors are in smaller cities with patients that fly in from around the world. I'm sure any of the doctors on the list would do great work. After a lot of research on artistic ability etc. and with all other issues equal, I went with the doctor that was close to me in proximity so if by any chance I needed to get back there it would be more convenient.

I just wonder why all of the other equally qualified doctors on this forum seem to get little press compared to the top five that are mentioned so much. Maybe they just have more zealous patients or maybe there really is something else to it. This forum has been absolutely awesome for me. It has answered so many questions that I would probably have been freaking out about and emailing my doctor every other day. I am proud to say I have only emailed him once and that was last week at my four month mark.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts