Had my HT 2 weeks ago and I could clearly see where work was done on my hairline. It was like a redish map of where the new hair woud be. But now it there are a few slight areas where I see nothing-like nothing was implanted there. Does this mean I lost those hairs? Or is it supposed to happen this way? Basically after teh surgery it looked like I was going to have a full hairline but now it lookes like it's not filled in totally. Is this normal??? Help!

Had my HT 2 weeks ago and I could clearly see where work was done on my hairline. It was like a redish map of where the new hair woud be. But now it there are a few slight areas where I see nothing-like nothing was implanted there. Does this mean I lost those hairs? Or is it supposed to happen this way? Basically after teh surgery it looked like I was going to have a full hairline but now it lookes like it's not filled in totally. Is this normal??? Help!

Don't panic if you went to a reputable Dr. its only the shed and the fact that you can't tell anything was done there is surely a good thing.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Yo KEN!!!! icon_smile.gif

I am going through the same EXACT thing. http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/7861074841

I know what you mean about a full looking hair line.

I thought they were supposed to shed and leave some stubble. I shed at the 16-17 day post op mark. I FREAKED OUT icon_eek.gif

I contacted my doctor and he says, some may leave stubble some may shed at at point under the skin and give the appearance of bare scalp. He also told me that by the time I started to see the shedding, my skin had healed enough to hold in the follicles.

I also contacted a couple of guys here on the forum, they described the same type of shedding as I have experienced. I am going to post some current pics within the next couple days.. But I can't even start worrying too much about it yet. I just figure I won't see much until everthing starts to grow. icon_smile.gif

Shiny Side Up!!

Ken & tymman...

I've experience the same thing. I really freaked when I noticed those frontal hairs shedding within the first 7-10 days (yeah, I'm still a little anxious.) However, I'm now 37 days post-op and I have found that those babies are starting to grow back (noticed them a few days ago.) My guess is I shed 50-75% (I hope) and I feel that many of those hairs that hung-on are now growing too. They seem longer and softer, though it could be wishful thinking. This is my first HT so I really don't know what to expect either.

I've always healed rather quickly, I'm in great shape, I have been on vitamins/minerals for years, I have been taking propecia for 3 months, and I have been using nioxin for a week... if nothing else, it's great therapy for your hair and scalp. My hair feels great! I have a hard time finding my scar in the mirror and can barely feel it when I search. I did notice a little shock loss around the donor area from combing, but nothing visible. It was really, very minor. My scalp is still a little off color (light pink) in the front where the hair was placed close together.

Question: Have either of you guys noticed any new growth yet, or shock loss in your recipient zone.

Ty... I noticed your HT was around existing hair. I'm maybe planning on a second HT soon and I'm a little frightened about shock loss. In the first session it really didn't matter because I didn't have any hair.

Guys, by using this forum we're not not alone. However, each of us is unique and we must experience this process of regrowth alone. I wish us all the best of luck! Please update me on how it is going. ~zerro

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Zerro-

I have not seen any shock in the original hair areas(mid scalp, around my crown). I have a very distinct widows peak and NONE of that has shocked. I do still see some normal hair loss,,ie,, thinning hairs from the midscalp/crown areas, but to a lesser degree than before my HT. I mean to say: in the shower before HT, I would see 10-15 thinning hairs in my crown or temple/midscalp-ish area coming out with shampoo. Now I see maybe 2-3 in those areas. I -THINK- the Propecia is working to lessen the effect of DHT. Been taking Propecia for 3 months straight. I also have been using Minoxidil - before HT my "outer ring" on my crown was superthin or bare (barely there), now I do see lots of longer thin hairs.

I'm also in good shape, healthy, eat pretty good, and take a multivit/mineral, and excersise almost daily. I too am a normally fast healer. When I returned to my doctors office at 10days post op, He must have said ten times or more how amazed he was at my quick healing.

Ken & Zerro -

The hairs that shed were some what flat, they could not stand up and would always rest on the scalp. Everyone of those shedd, about 80% of the HT. the ones that were standing up have continued to grow. I want to know from both of you if this is close to what you're experiencing???

Shiny Side Up!!

Thanks for eveyone responding. I can' texplain teh hairs that I lost cause I really just thougth they were scabs but now it's like nothing is there now-but it's only mino-nothing major and I have not seen any shock loss thank god. I'm getting my staples out tomorrow or the next day. Ken

Ken... agree it is hard to explain. I wish I had a digital camera! I'm still noticing shedding. For me, it was all the multi-follicles that shed; only the singles (not all, actually a low % that stuck around and mainly on one side) are now growing. And, I just checked it out in the mirror this morning and I figure that I'm really not crazy--I am experiencing growth now. I can now see it without that magnifying mirror. Yeah, I bought one. I believe, they are mainly the singles (with small % of others) that fell out within the first 10 days. Heads up! I have no idea if this is the case for everyone... but if you see like real tiny black specs (I think scabs or something) I first thought it was dirt... there be hair growing under there! Their breaking through the skin. Just gently brush or wash them away.

Yeah ty... same thing taking place, took place, with me. I think (a lot of speculation today on my part) those are the hairs that went dormant and are waiting to be washed down the drain, which sucks.

You know guys, when I first went to the doc and we discussed that I had to wait 3 or 4 months for growth... I was pretty anxious and a little weirded out. His comment was... this period should be the exciting part for both of us. I was like, yeah right! Let me tell you... now that I see new hair and growth with the ones that stuck around... (within 40 days post-op) he was right, it is! Still no idea if everything is going to respond that quickly.

And guys, because no one other than the doc and his staff knew I got this done, I have to tell someone... I keep having these re-occuring dreams with me, with hair... it's totally on my mind 24/7. I mean it's great! The kicker is... in my dream -keep in mind it has been a long time since I had a hairline- I panic because I don't know how to style it. How weird is that icon_confused.gif

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'