Minoxodil for mild MPB?

NW4recession

I am 30 years old and suffer mainly from receding temples that has progressed slowly since I was 21. I still have thick hair everywhere except for where my hair has receded, but I have noticed that my hair on top is not as thick as it was 10 years ago. I believe it will slowly start to thin out on top and especially my forelock. I started propecia 4 months ago. Since my thinning is not cosmetically noticable right now, should I hold off on using Minox? I know it loses effectiveness for some people after a few years, so I was wondering if it would be best to wait and use minox when I need it cosmetically?

I plan on restoring my hairline with a HT in 1-3 years from now.

I am 30 years old and suffer mainly from receding temples that has progressed slowly since I was 21. I still have thick hair everywhere except for where my hair has receded, but I have noticed that my hair on top is not as thick as it was 10 years ago. I believe it will slowly start to thin out on top and especially my forelock. I started propecia 4 months ago. Since my thinning is not cosmetically noticable right now, should I hold off on using Minox? I know it loses effectiveness for some people after a few years, so I was wondering if it would be best to wait and use minox when I need it cosmetically?

I plan on restoring my hairline with a HT in 1-3 years from now.

I believe Minox and Propecia can help with any stage of MPB. The sooner the better.

The two best ways to keep the hair you have are minox and propecia. I would begin minox as soon as possible. If you do use it for a long time, though, never stop or you may experience tremendous shedding of the hair it grew and the hair it kept you from using.

I speak from experience, I used minox diligently for the last 15 years as well as propecia for the last 10. I firmly believe those two treatments kept me around an nw2 which is where I was at 30. I'm 41 now. However, a few months ago I stopped minox for a couple months and shed tons of hair for about 6 weeks. I immediately resumed both meds and most hair on top has returned but unfortunately my devastated hairline not so much. Now I find myself researching HT's which I would not be doing had I not stopped using minox.

NW4,

Way back in the early 90's I used to just apply to the receding corners of my hairline and my crown. Over the years I started using an old Visine bottle because I didn't like the applicators that came with rogaine. At some point I started applying to the majority of my scalp. I've gradually used more than the recommended amount and now go through a bottle about every 3 weeks.