My strip scar is driving me crazy

I've had a HT done about 1 year ago but ever since than, it's not the front that bothers me as much as the back. I can no longer buzz my hair if I want to hide my scar and even still when my hair is long, I'm worried if anyone can see my strip scar. I'm always looking back to see if anyone is staring at the back of my head.. and I feel like I have less success with the opposite success if they see the back of my head...

I don't know if I'm worrying too much because I myself can't see the scar when I look in the mirror.. It's just I'm afraid that if I bend my head down or if there's a bright light shining directly on the back that I get very paranoid..

I've had a HT done about 1 year ago but ever since than, it's not the front that bothers me as much as the back. I can no longer buzz my hair if I want to hide my scar and even still when my hair is long, I'm worried if anyone can see my strip scar. I'm always looking back to see if anyone is staring at the back of my head.. and I feel like I have less success with the opposite success if they see the back of my head...

I don't know if I'm worrying too much because I myself can't see the scar when I look in the mirror.. It's just I'm afraid that if I bend my head down or if there's a bright light shining directly on the back that I get very paranoid..

Just say to women you got the scar during some war, that will always impress.

Or that you were very ill, play the sympathy card icon_smile.gif

Sorry to poke fun at your issue.

On a serious note, that must suck. You replaced one issue you disliked with your appearance with a different one.

If your HT worked and you have hair again, I say, dont fret.

Keep your hair a bit longer, and believe me, no one is keeping an eye out on your scar except ... you.

The only people who might look at your scar and make the assessment of your head are probably men who have undergone a HT or planning to undergo one. And they are the ones who you WANT to see the scar, so you can show it off and take pride in the outcome!

Good luck, friend.

Who did your surgery? When done correctly, you should not even realize you have a scar and should be able to buzz down to guard 3 or closer without issues?

Dont worry though it can always be fixed.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi

I am confused, in your mail you said the back is the major concern ?? What is the exact problem in both area's??

Yes, send pics

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I've had a HT done about 1 year ago but ever since than, it's not the front that bothers me as much as the back

You're not alone bro! Im in the same boat. If I shave all the way down now the only thing that bothers me is the fact that I have a big scar on the back of my head. Like anonymous says though chicks dig scars and "stories" of how you got them.

If someone is wanting to shave their head bald , by no means should they get strip surgery .. I'd say safely you could clip down to guard 3 with a T closure.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

forgetit,

Do you have any pictures of the scar you can post? Perhaps a third party objective perspective will be helpful to you since we are our own worst critics.

It's true that you won't be able to shave your head to short without showing the scar however, a thin fine scar can be concealed with a 3 or 4 clip (and in some cases, a 2 clip).

Best wishes,

Bill

forgetit, like the others mentioned, a #3 or #4 is about the closest cut you can get with the strip scar. If it's wider than normal, and until you get it fixed, try putting a little bit of dermatch on the hair the lies over the scar.

For me, the left side of my scar is wider that I'd like, but I've found that I can cut my hair a bit shorter and don't have the anxiety of someone noticing with just a bit of the dermatch on that left side. For the time being, I think that would ease your anxiety of someone noticing your scar.

By the way...

Do you all think I ought to move this thread into the "hair restoration questions and answers" section or keep it here? The way the thread started, this category seems appropriate, but since we are now getting into details of scars and repair, I wonder if it might be more fitting in the question and answers sections.

Thoughts?

Bill