how long will propecia last

Crimsoneagle

I Have been thinking about starting propecia but i am only 18 (will be 19 on the 29th) and want to know how long people have been on it and if it stopped working how long were you on it before it stopped workin

I have been taking finasteride (active ingredient in Propecia) for around 14 years (since I was ~33 years old). I use 1/4 of a generic Proscar tablet which is 1.25mg; Proscar (for BPH) was available before Propecia was approved. It has continued to work for me and quite well. I don't seen any reason that it would stop working from a pharmacological standpoint. I only wish the drug had been around when I was your age. I would never have needed a hair transplant!

I'm pretty sure it varies per person. I've seen threads of guys on it for 15 years who claim it has stopped their loss. I've also seen threads of guys who claim their hair loss re-started after being on it for only 5 years. Like any other drug, there is no way to know for sure if it will be effective, the degree of effectiveness, or how long it will be effective. I'm 25 and have been on it for close to 3 months. I plan on being on it for the long haul, or until hair cloning gets approved hopefully in the next 5-10 years!

Based on the amount of money that can be made with a hair loss cure, I guarantee they're moving as quickly as possible. I mean, they could get rich just charging people to be part of the trials.

you would think it'd be like one massive effort (i understand the want for competition and being first on the market....and the money that can be made)

i would hope that getting a cure for our affliction out would be the number one motivator... i mean if i were a mad scientist i'd forgo the money just to be able to get the cure done!

its funny though... just today i was watching a rerun of chris rock's "bigger and blacker" where he talks about how drug companies can find the cure for things easily (he was talking about aids in his bit) but that they just wanna come out with drugs that you have to buy so you can "live with it" since they only want your money...

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you