Need Feedback

I'm 55 years of age on a limited income and would like to get a hair transplant. A few questions. I live in Texas and would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with the transplant Doctors in Texas. Also I recently went through a divorce and credit was ruined. Is there some way that these Drs can work with you to make payments? Also being 55 It appears that you still lose hair the older you get. I am still blonde but it is really thinning. I'd say I am a class 5.2a or maybe six. Are most of you really happy with your results? Does it take long periods for it to grow back. Also one last question.A friend of mine had a hair procedure done at the VA in 1978. The Drs cut his scalp behind the ears and folded it over. It looked like a mess when they finished but, two years later, it looked great. You couldn't tell he had it done at all. Does anyone know what kind of surgery that was called?

I'm 55 years of age on a limited income and would like to get a hair transplant. A few questions. I live in Texas and would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with the transplant Doctors in Texas. Also I recently went through a divorce and credit was ruined. Is there some way that these Drs can work with you to make payments? Also being 55 It appears that you still lose hair the older you get. I am still blonde but it is really thinning. I'd say I am a class 5.2a or maybe six. Are most of you really happy with your results? Does it take long periods for it to grow back. Also one last question.A friend of mine had a hair procedure done at the VA in 1978. The Drs cut his scalp behind the ears and folded it over. It looked like a mess when they finished but, two years later, it looked great. You couldn't tell he had it done at all. Does anyone know what kind of surgery that was called?

I say if your 55 that your hairloss should start hitting the peak... Most loss occurs by 60. If you want a HT, go to the best because price isnt that much different-- Check out Shapiro in MN-- Southwest Airlines fly from TX and usaully has special deals every couple of month-- $99 promos. As far as the HT, yes some DR. finance their own, but most use 3rd party companies-- so I would recommend getting credit reestablished and pay cash if you can, if not put it on a credit card.

Your HT will grow back around 3-6 months some longer, but all will be grown in fully at 12months.Good luck

western star,

I live in Texas also, and I am going to Vancouver to have my hair transplant done. As many people here will tell you, don't let distance be a factor in your decision. Hair transplantation is PERMANENT, so you want to make the best decision. You should hang around here, do research, and send your pictuers to several doctors. (I did about 9 months of research before making my decision)

It sounds like your friend had a flap surgey. Avoid that procedure at all costs! If his looks good, he is a very lucky man. Most people wind up with a very unnatural look from flap surgery. In fact, hardly anyone is even doing those anymore.