Trying to quit Propecia

Luminal

Hi all,

I've been taking Propecia for about a year and a half, and I did not notice any changes in my hairloss (front side of the head, right above the forehead). However, it is possible that if I had not been taking Propecia my hairloss would have been a lot worse, I guess there is no way of knowing.

After a year and a half of paying for an expensive drug that seems to give me nothing but side effects (my erection is not as strong as before and harder to maintain), I decided to quit. But it hasn't even been 10 days and I have noticed that I started to los a lot more hair than while I was taking it.

Could this be my imagination playing tricks on me? Is it possible that I am undergoing the opposite of the placebo effect? Or is it that the effects of stopping Propecia are immediate?

If anyone has had a similar experience please share.

Thanks,

Luminal

Hi all,

I've been taking Propecia for about a year and a half, and I did not notice any changes in my hairloss (front side of the head, right above the forehead). However, it is possible that if I had not been taking Propecia my hairloss would have been a lot worse, I guess there is no way of knowing.

After a year and a half of paying for an expensive drug that seems to give me nothing but side effects (my erection is not as strong as before and harder to maintain), I decided to quit. But it hasn't even been 10 days and I have noticed that I started to los a lot more hair than while I was taking it.

Could this be my imagination playing tricks on me? Is it possible that I am undergoing the opposite of the placebo effect? Or is it that the effects of stopping Propecia are immediate?

If anyone has had a similar experience please share.

Thanks,

Luminal

Don't drop the stuff cold-turkey. Taper off it gradually and at least some of the negative effects of quitting may be reduced/spread out. (I'd pull down the dosage to zero over several weeks at least. A month or more would probably be better.)

Fin really does a number on your hormonal balance, and the body's knee-jerk reaction to being flooded with it is not good.

--------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...

Finasteride actually has a flat dose response, so reducing dosage really doesn't do much, and in my experience at taking half a pill every other day, I still got the same side effects.

I think the best way to go about it might be to gradually lengthen the days in between doses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you stop taking it , eventually you will lose the benefits you got from taking it. This is like any treatment drug

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Try Rogaine without using propecia. For greater efficiency you may add technique from (link removed) Good luck.

Moderator Note: Solicitations are not allowed on this discussion forum. For more information please see our terms of service.

Bill - Moderator