Quick propecia question

moldilocks

I've been on propecia for about 5yrs.A bit on and off admittedly but solidly for the past year.

A couple of weeks ago I had to come off it briefly for another medical reason(can't be bothered explaining, nothing to do with the possible side effects of propecia).I reckon I didn't take it for about 3 weeks at the most.

I'mnow back on it but my hair just seems to have thinned incredibly .It's gone totally weird,feels dry, brittle, unstyleable

Is it possible that all the hair I've held onto through the propecia use could go that quickly after stopping it for a few weeks or do you think it's a shed from going back on it?

It's incredible because it seems like only a couple of months ago I was looking in the mirror and thinking that the propecia had really helped strengthen the top back two thirds of my head.My worries were only really with the hairline and frontal third.Needless to say I'm mighty pissed!!!

I've been on propecia for about 5yrs.A bit on and off admittedly but solidly for the past year.

A couple of weeks ago I had to come off it briefly for another medical reason(can't be bothered explaining, nothing to do with the possible side effects of propecia).I reckon I didn't take it for about 3 weeks at the most.

I'mnow back on it but my hair just seems to have thinned incredibly .It's gone totally weird,feels dry, brittle, unstyleable

Is it possible that all the hair I've held onto through the propecia use could go that quickly after stopping it for a few weeks or do you think it's a shed from going back on it?

It's incredible because it seems like only a couple of months ago I was looking in the mirror and thinking that the propecia had really helped strengthen the top back two thirds of my head.My worries were only really with the hairline and frontal third.Needless to say I'm mighty pissed!!!

moldilocks,

Unfortunately, it's hard to predict what your hair will do once you stop taking Propecia, even for a short time.

I don't think it takes long for the finasteride to be completely out of your system. I suppose it's possible that male pattern baldness went into overdrive during your time off from it, but 3 weeks does seem to be a bit rapid.

In my opinion, give the Propecia time again to see if brings your hair back to where it was.

Best wishes,

Bill