Peach Fuzz

Hi All,

This may be a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway...

I have very short (1 mm) "peach fuzz" in my bald area and was just curious as to whether or not this is growable, through the use of meds (just started propecia) and/or something like spirolotion.

Is this normal in a bald area (as I haven't had the oportunity to closely inspect other bald areas) Or should I just admit that it is gone and go for a HT?

Thanks for the input, Gambo

Hi All,

This may be a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway...

I have very short (1 mm) "peach fuzz" in my bald area and was just curious as to whether or not this is growable, through the use of meds (just started propecia) and/or something like spirolotion.

Is this normal in a bald area (as I haven't had the oportunity to closely inspect other bald areas) Or should I just admit that it is gone and go for a HT?

Thanks for the input, Gambo

Give it a shot, definitely. You never know unless you try.

Check out these "best case scenario" photos:

interesting Propecia photos

I would give Propecia a good solid chance to work BEFORE considering transplants. A hair transplant can cause shock fallout to "at risk" hair, which is what your fuzz is. I would avoid a transplant until you are certain that the fuzz is not recoverable.

Some doctors say that combining Propecia (DHT inhibitor) with Minoxidil (growth stimulator) is the most effective combination.

I find Minoxidil with Propylene Glycol to be very irritating, you may want to try a non-PG formula (the PG itself does nothing for hair loss, it's just a solvent for the drug).

Good luck!

Gambo,

Peach Fuzz, is essentially "miniturized hair" the direct result of MPB - Propecia is your best hope to save the hair before it says a "final farewell". It is said DHT works to close up the follicles and kill the hair - root and all ! Propecia works against the DHT. I have had success revitalizing some crown area peach fuzz w/Propecia.

Good Luck !!

NW

Thanks guys,

My fuzz has always been there, even as my hair retreated, maybe the follicles never really closed? Is this typical?

I tried Rogaine long ago and it never really helped, nor did the 1/4 proscar I took for about a year (other then slow down the shedding).

Gambo -

It is a good bet you will not revitalize the fuzz quite to satisfaction, but Propecia should help hold the line, I personally had absolutely zero luck with Rogaine. If you look at my before HT photo you will see a very good example of "miniturized" hair (frontal area).

NW