some thoughts after seeing MPD post about worse than before

after six months, in my view I am at 80% of where I was before the surgery. Most of it is native hair and them some new growth. The reason I can say its the native hair - because of the baldness pattern before surgery and now my hair pattern. I did have extensive shock loss

The thing that I have noticed is that before I used to have thin hair also. Now all my hair are thick so which scenario is more applicable.

1. All my thin hair have been lost because of shock loss.

2. My thin hair have been helped and improved by taking propecia ( I have been on it for 8 months)- but I have not seen any new growth in the crown area if propecia was helping me.

No more fuzzy hair for me, either I have healthy hair on different spots or no hair period.

after six months, in my view I am at 80% of where I was before the surgery. Most of it is native hair and them some new growth. The reason I can say its the native hair - because of the baldness pattern before surgery and now my hair pattern. I did have extensive shock loss

The thing that I have noticed is that before I used to have thin hair also. Now all my hair are thick so which scenario is more applicable.

1. All my thin hair have been lost because of shock loss.

2. My thin hair have been helped and improved by taking propecia ( I have been on it for 8 months)- but I have not seen any new growth in the crown area if propecia was helping me.

No more fuzzy hair for me, either I have healthy hair on different spots or no hair period.

Guest wanthairs

nervous....

Im sorry to hear that you are where you are, even though many people only start seeing things at the 6 month point. have you spoken to your doctor about any of this? It would be good if you could tell us who it is and put some pics. It will also make the doc more eager to correct your issue knowing he/she is being scrutinised on this forum......We need to keep Docs on their toes as much as possible to provide the best service. This is a field where any compromise can put a client through serious depression.

Thanks for your thoughts- I think I will wait for two to three months before I will say if my transplant has been productive or not. At that time I will disclose more information if I have to. At this point I am sure I will told to wait for few more months

But I do find it a bit odd that all my hair are now healthy as compared to before. just wondering what happened to my weak hair from before HT. Is propecia doing its magic or the shock loss took its effect.

Guest wanthairs

Well nervous,

If your doc was a coalition doc, typically Pat (the founder of this site) will investigate complaints like this to decide wether to continue recommending the Doc or not. I understand your hesitation but it is in the best interest of yourself and many others if you did reveal who it is then we can do something about it.........

Shock loss typically grows back in three months after the procedure. The thicker hairs you talk about could be some of the transplants or it could be the propecia.....

Nervous,

Who was your doctor? Do you have any before/after pictures you can share with us?

I was a little confused by your post...are you saying most of your transplanted hairs ARE growing but you lost a lot of native hair due to shockloss that never returned?

Or perhaps you are wrestling with this and really don't know, hence your two posted scenerios.

Unfortunately...without pictures, there is very little we can do to evaluate your situation.

At 8 months, most of your transplanted hairs should have grown in...however, I do believe in waiting until 1 year to evaluate your FINAL result...but I believe you have reason to be concerned.

Shocked hairs typically start growing back between 3-6 months (same as transplanted hair).

Bill

Nervous,

If you are at 6 months it too premature to judge or even think of complaining.. Be patient and give it time..This is normal and you should have expected the waiting period as we all have to go though. During my first HT , I thought the same but then by 8 months I looked at pics before the surgey and I was like WOW, there is a difference.. Many times it is very gradual that we do not notice..

You never see the grass grow?

BTW - Who was your doc and how many grafts did you get ? If you got 1000 grafts and expect a big difference , that will not happen.. My results from the first HT of 1400 was OK, but only went so far

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!