Generic Minoxidil/Rogaine -- please share your experiences

vocor1

Looks like I'm going to add 5% minoxidil to my finasteride routine.

And similarly, I'd like to save money on minoxidil as I do on finasteride by quartering Proscar tablets instead of buying Propecia.

Question:

Has anyone used the "generic" minoxidil brands "Equate" or "Kirkland"?

They are much cheaper than Rogaine with the same active ingredient. Cheaper is not always worse quality, BTW. Upjohn advertises Rogaine a lot and they count on their name to bring them more "value" i.e. cost to their product.

Please respond to this post if you've used "Kirkland" or "Equate" 5% minoxidil. Thanks for your responses.

vocor1

I bought the 4 month pack of Kirkland brand 5% minox myself.

Let me know if you get any lingering redness from using it - I sure did!

Additionally, I switched to the generics brand 5mg finasteride from http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm . I've been splitting it 4 ways w/ a pill cutter and that 60(x4) day supply only cost 40 bucks. No complaints so far! icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by HarryLemon on January 11, 2003 at 05:10 PM.]

I've been using same generic 5% for one week. No redness or any other side effect so far. Question for anyone--If you use the sprayer, instructions say 6 sprays. Is this 6 sprays per bald area or 6 sprays overall? I've been sraying 6 in crown and a few sprays in apex and frontal areas.

I've just started on 5% minox generic. My scalp is slightly "itchier" than normal.

My complaints are that minox takes a long time to dry on me even in dry Colorado -- more than two hours. Also, when I use the dropper on my crown, the liquid runs all over the place. Haven't tried the spray yet, though.

I've heard some great things with the 1-2 punch of minox and finasteride. I gotta see if it'll work for me.

vocor1