The Jitters

Lagrange-

If you have any jitters, just start searching this forum, and any others, for Dr. Hasson's results and that should put you right at ease icon_cool.gif.

Seriously, I'm not sure what to tell you as I wasn't nervous before my HT with Dr. Wong. I guess I had seen enough of what he was producing that it put me at ease.

Don't worry about it.............you're in the best of hands!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

It sounds like you're in great hands man. Do some scalp exercises and get yourself busy gathering stuff you'll need post-op (a travel pillow always helps, make sure you have your painkillers just in case, go buy some good DVDs to watch on your days off after the surgery).

Above all, in a few months you're going to start growing hair. How cool is that going to be?

Hi LaGrange,

1. I've read nothing but great feedback about Hasson & Wong over the past year on this forum so you have made an excellent choice.

2. Your nervousness is totally normal given what you are about to do. I would say you are a rational person.

3. So far, up until now you have your wife's support so once again a plus.

You can't ask for a better scenario, you are going through a normal, rational stage and will be just fine. Are you going to take some time off? If so think about the rest you will be getting and try to plan some relaxing activities for you to look forward to and repeat after me:

"This same time next year I am going to be in hair-growth heaven..."

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

laGrange,

Your "jitters" are normal....everyone esperiences anxiety...hopefully you are also experiencing some excitement. There really is no real wonderful trick that I can tell you that will make your anxiety go away...but the best practical things you can do to manage your anxiety are:

1. Breathe - very important

2. Knowledge is comfort: Continue to get encouragement from this and other forums - people who have been there before who can answer your questions.

3. Talk to a few friends that you can trust about what you are going through - let them be there to encourage you and support you.

4. Relaxing is good: take some time to do some relaxing things in the midst of crazy days AWAY from the hair forums - ex: romance your wife icon_wink.gif

Bill

icon_eek.gifThank you all, I have been trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off it, I will be taking 2 weeks off work afterwards and catch up on the lack of sleep I`m getting now,,lol,,,I have nothing but total confidence in Dr. Hasson, just never having any surgery`s in my 50 yrs makes me nervous. I have the wifes support all the way, it was actually her idea I do this. icon_biggrin.gif Again Thank You All....LaGrange

Have Mercy icon_cool.gif