Best Doctor/Artist in LA, preferably Young

DanielSon

Hi

I have met with some folks in NY but think i'm going to have my procedure done in LA where i have more family. Can anyone recommend from personal experience a surgeon in LA?

I tend to think from reading these boards and seeing photos that the decision about where and how to plant the hair is among the biggest things in making the transplanted hair look real. So i kind of want a younger guy who has experience but also a more current "taste" in style.

Anyway, any recs in LA/bev hills?? Looking for about 2000 to transplant. thank you!!!

Hi

I have met with some folks in NY but think i'm going to have my procedure done in LA where i have more family. Can anyone recommend from personal experience a surgeon in LA?

I tend to think from reading these boards and seeing photos that the decision about where and how to plant the hair is among the biggest things in making the transplanted hair look real. So i kind of want a younger guy who has experience but also a more current "taste" in style.

Anyway, any recs in LA/bev hills?? Looking for about 2000 to transplant. thank you!!!

Several of us on this forum have had procedures done with Dr. Siporin in West LA, and all of us are very pleased.

Look up Pat's review of Dr. Siporin on this site, go to the Dr's web site, and, if you feel confident in his ability, make an appt for a no-cost evaluation.

Best regards,

bb

Leica, HK500, and a couple of others can offer insight into the procedures.

b

haha... if you think you're gonna get pre-styled hair, think again. You're not going in to get a "Ken" wig attached.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

thanks to you both.

Tom, I don't mean pre-styled. But i mean someone with a good eye regarding where to plant the transplanted hair, where to start the new hairline in front, choosing the right groupings of hair follicles and have them going in the right direction. In other words, having a good eye so the work looks "natural". It's natural i'm going after, not "cool" or ken (i wish!)

Also, check out Alexander in Arizona. Although he's old icon_smile.gif(probably 45), I haven't seen more natural results.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

lol, you frame the question and planting issue as if you already have an answer in mind, if you know what i mean. i agree w/ Dewayne about Alexander--he's explicit about his own artistic background, and he's not someone who legally changed his name to make you think he's really Italian in an attempt to ride the coattails of certain rather predictable but, alas, widely recognized Renaissance figures.

Daniel, the good docs know what they are doing, so in the consult you will have a feel of what they can offer.

Age is really not an issue, how young do you want your Dr to be, in his 20's?

Anyway, if you are going to do it in LA, i would suggest you take a one hour plain ride to AZ and meet with Dr Alexander. Or you can drive for a few hours.

He is really good at what he does, and his hairline work is as good as they come.