Restoration-Related Travel And Lodging Question...Great Neck

Hello All,

Do any former Feller patients have recommendations on reasonably priced/comfortable hotels near Dr. Feller's clinic? Walking distance would be great, given that I expect to be mildly stoned on pain meds when Dr. F. has finished working his hairy wonders on the evening of 6/19...

Oh yeah, and I'm getting more psyched my the hour...surprise, surprise, right?

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

Hello All,

Do any former Feller patients have recommendations on reasonably priced/comfortable hotels near Dr. Feller's clinic? Walking distance would be great, given that I expect to be mildly stoned on pain meds when Dr. F. has finished working his hairy wonders on the evening of 6/19...

Oh yeah, and I'm getting more psyched my the hour...surprise, surprise, right?

Thanks in advance!

Benjamin

Hello Benjamin. I had 2063 grafts from Dr. Feller on Mar 1, 2006. I stayed at the Andrew Hotel at 75 North Station Plaza. But it's not cheap. It cost $200.00 a night. It's about a 5 minute drive from Doc Feller's. It was a nice hotel but pricey. Great Neck is a ritzy place. Most guys seem to stay at hotels in midtown Manhattan, but I didn't want to deal with the traffic. You might not want to walk too much after surgery as you will probably have a bandage wrapped around your donor area. If you stay in Great Neck, try La Gioconda Restaurant. Really good Italian food. Good luck!

Thanks for the info., and <i>grazie</i> for the food recommendation...after living in Virginia for about 20 years, New York is still the best place for Italian food (and the ONLY place for pizza)...

How was your experience with the esteemed Dr.?

Benjamin

My experience with Dr. Feller has been A+. At 3.5 months I have already good growth. This is my second HT (first one was with Shapiro). Based on my experiences ask Dr. Feller for the best density he can give you. He will do up to 70 grafts/cm2. You WILL NOT be happy with a thin, wispy HT. Keep the painkillers handy after surgery. Get those scabs off as soon as you can. I washed my hair twice a day and let it soak in for 5 minutes and lightly massaged my scabs with fingertips. All were gone by day 9. If you have a friend/relative remove the staples, it's a good idea to apply Bactine to them for the removal process; it' an anithestic and antiseptic. Take MSM. I take 4000mg a day and feel it really speed up the regrowth of your buzzed non-transplanted hair. It's also good for your skin and nail growth. Hope this helped. Good luck Ben.

"dandare75,"

I second Martin's emotion; thanks for the feedback and advice! Density is a priority, actually; based on Dr. Feller's enthusiasm about my donor area (thank God for large Anglo-Saxon heads) and the hair I have up there, who knows, I may get coverage and thickness in one shot...but I will talk that over with him in any case.

Will be updating my blog as things progress. Monday is the big day; am definitely enthused...

And I'll say again, all you guys on this site are a huge help, sharing your photos, experiences, and advice...so thanks, at large, once again.

Benjamin