What to Dooo??????????????

Tan Gill

Plz gudie me what to do whether should i go for HT?Or there are any other alternatives. Guys plz provide your valuable suggestions.And do tell me HT options in India as i won't be able to bear the exp of Ht outside india.As my hairline is ok,Am lossing hair from crown area and rst of area the hair are getting thin day by day and by head skin is clearly visible.Plz advice ASAPMy album

Minoxidil, Propecia, and Nizoral.. As far as a HT in India , I would save my money until I could go to a coalition doctor.. Not worse the risk in my opinion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Minoxidil, Propecia, and Nizoral.. As far as a HT in India , I would save my money until I could go to a coalition doctor.. Not worse the risk in my opinion.

I'm interested in your perspective Mrjb, you say you use Minoxidil, Propecia, AND Nizoral, but only the first two are proven as you state elsewhere. On the other thread you discounted the notion of Copper Peptides though, which does present positive evidence, but in this thread you also propse Nizoral, which to my knowledge has no proven or even studied efficacy.

Now I'm new, I'm a maiden here, so please help me connect the dots. I'm curious because Nizoral seems endorsed by many with no proof, while Copper Peptides appears to be ignored _with_ actual evidence to its credit.

This seems odd to me.

cheers,

mark

Mark H,

I'll chime in with my opinion. I absolutely don't think there is harm in trying copper peptides or Nizoral, but the only two clinically proven to date are Propecia and Minoxodil. I'll let Mrjb answer your question as to why he recommends one and not the other. You may have read on another post I did try Nizoral and it seemed to irritate my scalp, make my head and hair more dry, and really affected me post op after the second one. So I still have a bottle of Nizoral 2% shampoo under my sink that I simply haven't used. Maybe I'll try it again when I'm at a year post op...but we'll see. As for copper peptides...you know more than I do. Do you have links pointing to it's scientific credibility? Again, there is no harm in trying it...I just wouldn't throw Propecia and Minox out the window and rely on it solely...but adding it into your routine can benefit you at best and do nothing additional at worst.

Bill

Hi

Good questions .. Well first Nizoral has clinically shown to increase hair count and it was used during testing trials on Propecia.. It has been said to have anti DHT qualities ( do a search on Niz on here and see). Best part is the company was not a part of any of these studies which shows objectivity rather than advertisment. It seems to work well with me for scalp health AND most importantly it's DIRT CHEAP..Many guru's use it 3 times a week as I try to do. Copper peptides did not work for me personally and are VERY expensive. Most of the evidence is driven by the companies themselves (ALERT ALERT) In addtion, I value what the masses say on here and most are saying Copper peptides do not have a big effect..

I'm not saying it doesn't work 100% of the time, but I have not seen anyone really speak highly of it (including my doctor) and for the money in my opinion, it's not worth the price or evidence

Let's face it, it doesn't regrow hair

Yes, though.. Minoxidil and Propecia are the only proven to regrow hair

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 weeks later...

Tan Gill,

Keep in mind that these products may grow some new hair at best and at worst do nothing for you. The majority probably experience a slow down or halting of their hairloss.

If you are destined to lose a lot more hair which looks possible, you will be very pleased to keep what you have. These drugs can help stave off future hairloss and any regrowth would not be visible for several months.

Be patient and stay on it.

NoBuzz

• 2 years later...

Been on/off on propecia and minoxi for quite some time now,though i will be honest here that i wasn't regular in the course,it was skipping a day or two or some times 15 days without medicine and was applying minoxi once a day.

Now the situation is that top area to crown hair are gone,i intend to preserve the rest for Transplant.

Plz suggest.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well.. dont go to rajesh rajput.. dont know abt that doctor mahadevia but he is cheap and still studying his patient's results.. u could go to pakistan and meet dr.hamayun. thailand isnt a bad option.. theres dr.path n dr.pong but i will say n dr. path has proven good results.. dun rush it