Dr. Rose Shapiro Medical Group

I'm on my way to Dr. Rose at Shpiro Medical Group on February 18th. I made this decision after much deliberation between Rose, Charles and Shapiro and basically put my faith in the entire Shapiro staff, so Rose was my decision because he decided to stay one more day for my procedure. Now I'm off to the hospital for all of the blood tests and all of that jazz so I don't forget and put it off to the last week.

Just an update on my Avodart situation. I have been off of Avodart for nearly a month and my frontal hair that was lost to the Avodart is starting to return. I'll be returning to Proscar this week. There are tons of black terminal hairs that are about 1 mm long that I know were once shedded due to the shock. Just thought you'd like the update. I'll post pre and post operation photos in February.

I'm on my way to Dr. Rose at Shpiro Medical Group on February 18th. I made this decision after much deliberation between Rose, Charles and Shapiro and basically put my faith in the entire Shapiro staff, so Rose was my decision because he decided to stay one more day for my procedure. Now I'm off to the hospital for all of the blood tests and all of that jazz so I don't forget and put it off to the last week.

Just an update on my Avodart situation. I have been off of Avodart for nearly a month and my frontal hair that was lost to the Avodart is starting to return. I'll be returning to Proscar this week. There are tons of black terminal hairs that are about 1 mm long that I know were once shedded due to the shock. Just thought you'd like the update. I'll post pre and post operation photos in February.

Justin,

I am going in to see Dr Rose in 2 weeks. I almost can't wait. Keep checking here for my photos. There are some pre ops of me in another post.

One question for you. Your post says something about LOSING hair because of Avodart??? What is that about? Did you have some strange reaction?

I actually lost a load of hair in the frontal region (forelock). My hair was really dense there at one time, but became very thin due to the extremely high levels of testosterone Avodart caused. Avodart was just too powerful of a drug for me, so I lost a ton of frontal hair. I'm going back to Proscar this week. Go to Hairlosshelp.com, many individuals are experiencing the same results. The frontal region gets thinned out drastically, but the crown seem sto fill in quickly. I guess if you're already bald in the fron, Avodart is you drug.

I'm going to have my procedure on Feb 18th for sure. I'm just going to get back on Proscar just to keep the remainder of my soldiers around for a while. I seriously think my hair was in better condition and much much thicker before I made the HUGE mistake of trying Avodart for 3 months. Man I wish I could have those months back... Oh well, I guess I'll be going in the other direction in a few months.

justin:

I for one appreciated the candor of your post. I'm sorry you lost hair, and I hope it all grows back. I appreciate that you "told it like it was".

Dr Rose will do a good job for you. SMG is top notch also.

You convinced me to stay away from Avodart. I want to try it, but your experiences and research has dissuaded me. That's a good thing for me -- so thanks!

Plus, proscar is working pretty darn well for me.

I turn 30 on Feb 19 and head to Mardi Gras in the Big Easy on the 20th. Sounds like that week will be exciting for both of us!

Best of luck!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.