Your Questions Answered Live by Hair Restoration Physicians and Veteran Members

The Hair Transplant Network is the only community that hosts a regularly scheduled Live Help/Chat session for discussion forum members.

Hair loss sufferers and hair restoration physicians alike have been drawn from all over to participate.

I strongly encourage any guest or member reading this to join the party on Tuesday nights at 10:00pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00). There is no better opportunity on the web to receive instant answers to your hair restoration questions by experienced veterans and medical professionals!

More information about how to use live chat and/or register in our community can be found on this sticky thread.

Live Chat Summary of 10/30/2007

A total of 17 forum members participated in our Live Help/Chat session this past Tuesday 10/30/2007 at 10:00pm EST.

A special thanks goes out to Dr. Glenn Charles and Dr. Steve Gabel for contributing your expert medical advice on so many topics!

The following members attended our live chat

1. crouse

2. giants

3. Bill - Moderator

4. the B Spot

5. Pawlik

6. Nervous Nelly

7. Please Grow Please

8. jfo

9. Shorty_B

10. Dr. Glenn Charles

11. BareBeGone

12. Dr. Steve Gabel

13. smarius

14. Abbie

15. Kulmd

16. guyfromsydney

17. mgmtech

If you attended the live chat session and your name is not included on the list - please respond on this thread and I will add you.

Some of the following topics were discussed and questions answered include:

1. Use of concealors such as toppik and nanogen to cover up thinning or balding areas of the scalp

2. What are some of the technical variables that contribute to shock loss?

3. What are some of the variations of the trichophytic closure technique for strip surgery? Which one is best?

4. How can we prevent scar stretching? What does closure technique of the donor scar have to do with it?

5. What are the bumps on my scar? Is the occasional bleeding normal?

6. Members share their hair transplant experiences live and what it was like for them

7. Is Xandrox and effective treatment for hair loss?

8. Which one is better: Rogaine Foam or Rogaine liquid?

Your Suggestions/Ideas Wanted

Because it is the members of this community that makes this live help/chat feature work, we are always looking for realistic and practical suggestions to make our chat feature even more enjoyable and beneficial for our attendees.

I encourage you to provide any suggestions that you think might be helpful on this thread.

Be sure to tune in Tuesday 11/6/2007 at 10:00pm EST for our next live chat session!

Best wishes,

Bill

Hey Bill, congrats, the live chat looks to be working well and I enjoy reading the highlights. However the time prevents most of the UK & Europe guys from joining in as its +5hrs, so 3am GMT.

Perhaps you could gauge the response for a slightly earlier time that could allow more members to join in?

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

gazza,

Thanks for your positive feedback and I'm sorry you aren't able to join us due to the time difference.

At some point I may consider changing it - but for now, it will probably remain at 10:00pm EST for now. We could consider having two sessions of different times at some point as well.

Best wishes,

Bill