Generic Finasteride (5mg) Testing

HarryLemon

Okay folks, here's the deal:

About a month ago I kept seeing the posts of some guy touting the virtues of finasteride ala Thailand, or - to be more specific - http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm (if that link fails for you, just go to http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ and select Product List).

There I found that I could get 60 5mg tablets of generic Proscar for only $39 bucks. Multiply those guys by four and we're talkin' 240 days (that's EIGHT MONTHS) of finasteride for less than the cost of a single lousy month's worth over here.

Behold: I bought, and they have arrived.

Now, does anyone know where a guy can go to have the chemistry of a given drug tested for purity against the brand name?

If this source of finasteride proves genuinely good, then I believe, gentleman, that we may have a winner here!

Please give me your suggestions and thoughts...

Thanks,

HarryLemon

Can't answer your question regarding testing,butI think you'll find Proscar is cheaper anywhere....the reason being (as told to me by my Doc)is that that Propecia is marketed directly as a hair saving product and hence "the price" Proscar on the other hand is the same product in a higher dosage and is used for prostrate problems and I assume one of the side affects was hair saving/promotion and perhaps Propecia was derived from it?

• 2 weeks later...

Proscar is cheaper per 1mg dose than Propecia because of marketing without doubt. Plus, some people don't want to be bothered with cutting pills, so a convenient 1mg dose of finasteride in Propecia is worth the extra cost.

Overseas finasteride is much cheaper than stateside but there are some questions to be addressed about quality control. Let's face it, you usually get what you pay for. If the drug is about $340 for 100 pills here and $40 for 60 pills overseas, well, something doesn't add up. Possibly the inequity is because the market for Proscar overseas is weak so the price must be low. The fact is, we are not sure.

Best of luck HarryLemon with what you find out. I salute your efforts. I hope you'll share your lab results on the overseas Proscar when you get them.