I am not 2 1/2 weeks post op. I am starting to see some light shedding and I found about 3 small pimples with lil pus in the area among the grafts. I put pressure on them and it popped easily and bleed very little. Is that normal?

Why am I getting pimples? Is it from the VIT E oil? Or is it because the grafts are dead and causing them?

I am a bit worried here. Has this happened to anyone?

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

I am not 2 1/2 weeks post op. I am starting to see some light shedding and I found about 3 small pimples with lil pus in the area among the grafts. I put pressure on them and it popped easily and bleed very little. Is that normal?

Why am I getting pimples? Is it from the VIT E oil? Or is it because the grafts are dead and causing them?

I am a bit worried here. Has this happened to anyone?

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Hairfree-

Usually (if there is such a thing with HT's), the pimples just mean ingrown hairs either from new HT hair sprouts or shock loss hair returning. At 2 1/2 weeks it's awful early to be experiencing growth from new HT hair, but I suppose it's not impossible. icon_smile.gif. Nothing to worry about. They should each go away in a couple of days. If not, it could be an infection and you can see a Doc. Hope this helps.

Yes, during the course of growth, many have experience the pimples, myself included icon_smile.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairfree,

If the fluid is clear, it is probably sebum that has been trapped as the result of an ingrown hair. Applying a warm (not hot) facecloth to the area helps the hair to push through and minimizes scabbing.

If the fluid is yellowish, this would be pus and likely the sign of an infection. Antibiotics might be required.

From following your procedure and aftercare, I would be inclined to say that your case would be the former rather than the latter.

Bayer

Hi Hairfree,

I too experienced pimples at right about the same time you did. I actually had many that were puss like and applying a warm damp towel did help relieve some but in the end they continued to appear. My doc did perscribe antibiotics and it pretty much cleared it up.

Do contact your doc to let him know and don't worry, mine cleared right up after the antibiotics with no further issues.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Hey guys..thank you for filling me in. So far the puss has cleared up and no more pimples. I had about 4 pimples total. I just put light pressure on them with a warm damp towel.

My grafts are continuing to fall off. So far I have been walking around at work with no hat. No one has been staring at my head so far..I hope not too many more grafts fall out!

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Most of the (80-90%) hairs fall out within 2-4 weeks after the HT. Its a normal process. After they fall out its at least couple months untill new growth.

When the hairs fall out it does not mean you lost those grafts. New hairs growt out of the grafts that were placed in the scalp. The hairs that did not fall out stay in and keep growing!

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

Hairfree,

As you know I replied to you on your other post about the pimple thing...glad to know that all is going well with your HT. Graft fallout is no fun, but it's all normal.

Sett,

Hairfree is right...between 2-4 weeks (+ or -), transplanted grafts fall out and then start to regrow between 3-5 months. Full maturation of the hair is between 12-18 months.

Bill