Riding motorcycle

hairdini,

How soon after HT can you drive a motorcycle without a helmet?

Dude...wear a helmet when riding a motorcyle...period. You do NOT want to get in an accident without one. At that point you won't be worrying about grafts...you should worry about your brain!

Ok...now that I'm done preaching...here is the answer to the spirit of your question:

Before you wear any tight fitting hats, helmets, etc, wait until all scabs are gone and at least day 9. By this time, all grafts are truly secured and could only be removed by surgery.

Have fun...and be careful icon_smile.gif

Bill

Hey Bill,

Have you been talking to my mother? Ha Ha! I knew I'd get crap about putting the riding with no helmet part in my question. I know it's not safe but it's one of those things in life I'm just going to do. If my times up then it's up. Believe it or not in Arizona it's about a 50/50 ratio of helmet to no helmet riders. Anyways....Thanks for the answer I'll wait a few more days.

bayscholar,

Glad you found humor in my truthful response icon_wink.gif

Hairdini,

I'm just looking out for you bro. How you live your life is certainly your choice...but just like long term planning for your hair is about minimizing risks, so should the rest of one's life. Enjoy your new hair...and please...keep your brains in tact icon_wink.gif

Bill

Heh, it reminds me of my stepmom who is a nurse in the ER. In the ER, away from earshot of patients, nurses & doctors refer to people who ride motorcycles without a helmet as "organ donors".

The good news is, if you ride without a helmet 1-2 weeks after a HT, the pieces of skull they pull out of your brain in the morgue will have hair in them. Before that, they may not icon_wink.gif

Hairdini,

I take it Arizona does not have a mandatory helmet law? Neither does Florida. We are near Daytona and also have a weekend "Bike Fest" in a neighboring town so there are a lot of bikers in our area and some pretty serious accidents. What gets me is when I see the wives/girlfriends riding on the back with no helmet or protection at all. Of course it's "their choice" and they assume the risk but there's no way they could survive a serious wreck or fall.

Although I think many of them (especially the Harleys) are gorgeous, the subject hits close to home because my wife and I lost a family member on a motorcycle two years ago. However in her situation the helmet didn't help.

Phil