Rogaine on areas where there is hair

Proactive

I've read a few posts where people prefer not to use Rogaine as it only brings back a 'fuzz' and once stopped, the 'fuzz' vanishes.

Well is there any harm in using Rogaine where there are hair follicules? Is there the risk if I stop using the Rogaine, follicules that would have stayed will vanish because they had contacted the Rogaine?

Also has anyone had any results with Rogaine beyond 'fuzz'?

I'm wondering if it's really worth it!

Thanks,

Proactive

I highly recommend AGAINST using Rogaine. Before I had my first transplant, I tried the Rogaine method.

Aside from being messy, At best, I had fuzz. I called the manufacturer and ask them directly if I stopped taking it, would I lose additional hair. The response was that I wouldn't, only that which I had gained.

This was complete BS. When I stopped using it, not only did I lose what I had gained, areas that had begun to thin prior to use, became much more noticeable and I'm convinced that it accelerated the loss in areas that had been only thinning previously. I used it only a few months and that was enough for me.

In the last 9 years, I've had a total of 2200 grafts and have been on propecia off and on for the last 5 years but steadily for the last 3. After my last transplant, I used propecia at the same time and to me, it was noticeably better growth using it at the same time.

My advice: Save the money you would be spending on Rogaine and either start using propecia or save it toward transplants.

Edited by steve0580

Procative,

Rogaine (Minoxodil) works differently for different people. At best, I only had some new fuzz grow also...however, my dad used to have a bald spot in the back of his head and now it's gone thanks to his use of Rogaine. It doesn't hurt to try it, but it is a life commitment if you want to keep any hair you grow from it.

Steve,

I don't believe stopping minoxodil would make you lose existing hair unless the minoxodil was helping you keep the existing hair you had (which is a possibility) and then you lost it because it was destined to fall out anyway. Since this is your first post, let me assure you that I am not a strong advocate of Rogaine (aka, I don't work for the company or anything) and personally don't like the stuff...never worked for me...but the product does have merit for some if you can stand the messy regime.

Good luck

Bill

• 1 month later...