Finasterid normal shedding or Hypoandrogenicity

nw2

When i started to take fin, after 1 month i lost a lot more hair than normal.

Maybe this was a positive shedding. But most people talk about a shedding phase after 3 month after starting fin.

So shedding after 1 month is it normal and a good sign or does the drug not fit to my body like an allergic reaction???

I heard of the following thing which can happen to some fin users, it?‚??s called hypoandrogenicity and then you should stop to take fin. So what do the experts think??

"Hypoandrogenicity

This is a still relatively unknown phenomena but a small percentage of men seem to react negatively to the effects of the Propecia. In some men this can lead to an oily skin and an increase in hair loss. This is not normal and if you have experienced these effects from the beginning and they do not resolve themselves after a few weeks you should see a physician. Some men play it safe and start with a lower dosage like a half a tablet a day until their body adjusts to the Propecia. This approach should be discussed with the physician who prescribed the Propecia."

So what does it mean from the beginning, 1 week after starting fin or as in my case after 1 month??

Thanks

NW2

nw2,

to be honest, I have never heard of hypoandrogenicity. You may want to discuss this further with a physician. Feel free to report your discussion back with us.

In my opinion, 1 month is way too soon to determine whether or not Propecia will work for you. Apart from the above "unknown" scenerio, shedding can be typical for the first few months.

Assuming it's not the above, giving Propecia ample time to work is mostly beneficial.

Best wishes,

Bill