how long before 2nd transplant

mishmash

Posted November 15, 2006 09:32 AM Hide Post

i had 1600 fue's put in around my temples and front hairline 10.5 months ago. The temples grew in frizzy and my doctor told me it could take a few years for the hair to normalize. The hair on the front hairline grew in with small spaces in between each hair so it looks fake and the hairline is too even. I went back to the doctor and he told me I should have 200 to 300 more put in--I am planning to do that exactly one year from the 1st procedure.

I am wondering about shock loss to the hairs that were transplanted a year ago, and whether a small procedure is easy to hide since there is more hair there now. Is a 2nd procedure with a small amount of fui's a big deal? I am just trying to get a feel here.

Posted November 15, 2006 09:32 AM Hide Post

i had 1600 fue's put in around my temples and front hairline 10.5 months ago. The temples grew in frizzy and my doctor told me it could take a few years for the hair to normalize. The hair on the front hairline grew in with small spaces in between each hair so it looks fake and the hairline is too even. I went back to the doctor and he told me I should have 200 to 300 more put in--I am planning to do that exactly one year from the 1st procedure.

I am wondering about shock loss to the hairs that were transplanted a year ago, and whether a small procedure is easy to hide since there is more hair there now. Is a 2nd procedure with a small amount of fui's a big deal? I am just trying to get a feel here.

Hey mishmash-----

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Anyway, your doc is correct that it will take a bit for the transplanted hair "soften"

I am not sure about 2 years, but by 18 months your transplanted hair should blend with your existing hair.

As far as shockloss it really boils down to session size AND the surgeon skill. 500 grafts in the hands of a TOP surgeon will probably not result in much shockloss. 500 grafts in the hands of a Doc who causes a little more scalp trauma may trigger shockloss as well.

I think you should raise these concerns with your Doc and maybe send some photos to a couple of other Doc's just to see what is going on.

If you are not happy, I would consider switching to another Doc who can take care of your hairline.

Hope this helps you out!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

mishmash, if i remember correctly your surgeon was Dr. True, correct? are you not happy w/ the work, or are you planning to go back to him for the additional grafts? also, can you elaborate on why he chose to go FUE rather than strip on you. don't think i've ever seen a female FUE case before. also, do you have any before/after pics? they might help w/ assessing your result here. best of luck to you.

Originally posted by nikkop23:

mishmash, if i remember correctly your surgeon was Dr. True, correct? are you not happy w/ the work, or are you planning to go back to him for the additional grafts? also, can you elaborate on why he chose to go FUE rather than strip on you. don't think i've ever seen a female FUE case before. also, do you have any before/after pics? they might help w/ assessing your result here. best of luck to you

i really like Dr. True and overall I am very happy. If i wear bangs then everything looks great--but if the wind blows then there is an area in the front (about 2" from front to back) that is too even and there are spaces between the hair--in other words it does not look natural. I want the spaces filled in--with about 200 to 300 more--as for terminology--i had fui's --where they take the strip from the back of the head.