Propecia

hairhunting

hairhunting,

There are online stores that sell generic finasteride. Though one must be careful where they purchase it online, www.hairlosstalk.com is a credible resource that sells legitimate generic finasteride at more affordable prices.

Though I don't know much about the pharmacies in the UK, you may be able to get a prescription for Proscar and cut the pill into quarters (since it contains 5mg of finasteride instead of 1mg) and take it daily. That's what I do.

Bill

Just cut Proscar in the 5th's and you have Propecia

I have found that the majority hair restoration physicians recommend cutting the Proscar pill into 4ths rather than 5ths simply due to the difficulties of doing this. It is also possible that some of the pill will be lost due to the splitting process.

Drop me a PM or email and i can give you his details - I would put them up here but do not want to be seen as marketing.

Spex, don't be ridiculous or take things to the extreme. Dropping a name of a General Practioner is not the same as what I had addressed in a previous thread. I know you are intelligent and I trust you understood my reasoning on the other thread. Even Dr. Feller agreed with me.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

hairhunting,

I don?‚??t know if Bill let me write the name of the sites... But I usually buy from 4rx and medstore.

Generic Finasteride ($175.00 for one year supply)

http://www.4rx.com/main.php?Page=Product&Id=18&kbid=6979

Generic Proscar ($116.70 for more than one year supply - 90+18 pills) Don?‚??t forget to cut in four parts!!!:

http://www.medstore.biz/prescriptions/proscar/?fid=5144

But there are thousands of places to buy... only some are reliable

Originally posted by guyfromsydney:

are you sure that proscar and propeica are exactly the same. (besides the dosage)

As i understand it, proscar is used to target the prostate? are there any long term studies regarding propecia/proscar and their long term effect on the prostate?

gfs-

Yes, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Proscar and Propecia contain the same meds.........active ingredient is Finasteride. Proscar, the 5mg variety is used to treat BPH (enlarged prostate), then, Propecia came out in 1mg form specifically for hair loss.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

magalhaes,

I left the links up because you are not promoting them icon_wink.gif.

But let me ask you - how have you assured that they are legitimate? I'm just wondering.

I simply have reservations about purchasing medication online unless it's been validated as a credible resource.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

Bill

Hello Bill. I have ordered two times from Medstore and the last time was from 4rx because they have a lower price for generic finasteride. I had no problems with both. From Medstore, on the second order, I have received a generic version of finasteride called FiMpecia. I know some people strange this name because they know FiNpecia and think FiMpecia is not reliable finasteride. All I can say is that I used FiMpecia for one year with the same results that I had with original Propecia (6/7 years) but with much lower price. But from Medstore I would only buy generic Proscar (5 mg finasteride) because 4rx has a lower price for finasteride 1 mg. So I had no problems with delivery and quality of the products I have bought from 4rx and Medstore. But I am not selling anything!!! This is just my opinion of two more valid options to buy generic medication.

Food for thought:

Insurance companies these days track and monitor everything. If you are taking Proscar and dividing it up, IN the future if you do develop a real prostate problemm there is always a possibility you could be denied for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy if you change or get new insurance due to a pre existing conditions. SOmething similar to this happened. A patient decided to get a stress test and asked his cardiologist buddy to do it. Of course they processed it through his insurance. He was subsequently denied coverage for a preexisting heart condition when he tried to get new insurance. I have not actually heard of any one getting denied for the prostate issue, but it is a possibility unless new insurance laws go into effect. I do like to let my patients know about this risk.

• 2 weeks later...