DHI Medical Greece

Seanessy

Guest josh - b

andy,

Glad you are happy with your results. However your pictures are very inclusive.

But like i say, glad you are happy as thats what counts. icon_smile.gif

Thinair,

I'm delighted that you have decided to look elsewhere. A very wise decision imo.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

You may have just saved me from spending time, money and more importantly, donor hairs by getting treatment from DHI.

I was literally minutes away from sending an email to DHI to book a session when I came across this discussion. I also met a consultant in London (I won't name and shame) and was pretty much taken in by the explanation.

I'm not quite sure where I will look next for a consultation, but I just wanted to say thank you for making me reconsider before taking the plunge.

Whilst I'm here I was hoping you could assist. Generally speaking, which method seems to get the best reviews? So far I have heard of drug treatments, surgical procedures, non-surgical procedures, laser......... I really don't know which way to turn.

Many thanks,

London, 25, no treatment yet

SoClose,

In my personal opinion, surgery should be one of the last considerations. Non-surgical treatments such as Propecia and Rogaine can be somewhat effective in maintaining existing hair and possibly even regrow hair. However, these medications are less effective the more hair that has already been lost.

If you are considering hair transplant surgery, clearly physician selection is key. Research all surgeons that you are considering and look for consistency in results.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi SoClose

I`m pleased you are doing research and have decided not to do anything at present with your original choice.

Do plenty of research and ask on here for valuable advice.

Good luck.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

I wish id done some more research before I got in the mess im in now im 44 years of age and have not had much of a life in the last 20yrs and when I got a computer and went on the web 4 years ago I saw the DHI website and was impressed altough the warning signs are there -photo s of guys on day of op 18 months ago but no update etc .

After my first op it took 24 hours to look at my head (800 chest hairs)as I dont have much doner hair and it looked stunning I started to believe I could finaly have a life - lots of these grew for 1st 6 months then I lost them ive since had 2 more ops at DHI so altogether approx 3500 hairs -on a good day I can see about 300 !

Now im under the doctor becouce im suicidal I cannot look in the mirror without feeling sick my hope is all gone and now im so distressed ill be lucky to see out the week -I have no faith in hair transplant sergery anymore or hope for any advances in the near future.

If hair transplant docs are honest perhaps they could start charging us the same way you can buy furniture ! ie free for 12 months then charge for the growing hairs!! that would weed a few out

David,

I understand your concerns about your hair, but PLEASE do not consider ending your life over it. There is much more to life than hair, and though we would prefer to have a nice full head of hair, many bald men have very attractive girlfriends who love them very much. Hair is nice, but it does NOT make the man.

Have you contacted DHI about this? What did they say?

If there is anything I can do to help support you, feel free to drop me a private message.

Bill

I am glad that I came across this site, as I have been emailing back and forth a couple times with DHI. After reading through their material, I was impressed with the description of the procedure. It seems to be a much better alternative to the 'strip' method. I sent two photos to their email address and they sent back a 'diagnosis.' I would need 3500 hairs. When I asked about pricing, I received a reply that there was a special 50% discount to better serve their US clients, at the Greece location. The quoted price was $2.50 per hair (another follow-up email confirmed that this was $USD). I am not opposed to travel and vacationing, but I would rather be safe than sorry. It seems there are many talented Dr.'s here in America.

I also have had a very quick 'consultation' with MHR (Medical Hair Restoration) here in Charlotte, and they said that it would take 2500 grafts (the maximum that they can do in one procedure) to fill in all of my problem areas. I am very leery of MHR: 1) because the consulation was not with the Dr. who would be doing the surgery, nothing other than visual analysis was done of my scalp, and they guaranteed "103% of the transferred grafts would grow." I know, it sounds funny huh? Something about dormant follicles being mixed in with a graft and then growing later on after being transplanted. The meeting was very rushed and I'm surprised I didn't walk out of there owning a timeshare.

I'm just in the beginning stages of research and planning. I want the best that my money can buy but the sad reality is that I'm spending my life savings on this (I'm 32 now). I would like to stay below $10,000 if at all possible, and I CANNOT afford to make the mistake of choosing the wrong doctor or facility. To say the least it's a bit overwhelming.

I will continue to read through the posts on this site, as I'm sure they will be helpful in making my decision. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll upload a couple pictures of my hair loss as it stands now (Stage 3 or early 4).

i went in for 2500 graphs as recommended by the dhi consultant last may in DHI Dublin. recieved my injections and medication in the surgery and the doc started to take out some graphs..5 mins later he stopped.. the doctor said he wouldnt do it as my donor site was not great .. i had to leave the surgery and return to my hotel.. i was very upset with this, apart from not having the surgery i had taken a weeks holiday from work to recover and paid a hotel and traveled a distance all for nothing.. week after i went for another consultation and was told 2500 would be fine..they gave me E800 euro off my bill for the trouble i went tro (which i had to fight for) and rebooked me in for 3 weeks later.. went in for the op and i recieved 2200 as there was a communication breakdown between office and surgeon!!..i was also very upset by this..their a bit all over the shop i have to say! would have liked the extra 300 hairs.. they gave me the bones of 300 euro off the bill which i agreed as i was still on the effects of the medication and also tired from a long operation and just wanted to go back to hotel. i felt a bit ripped off over it and ill be sure to bring it up when i go in for my 10 month evaluation..so far the HT looks to be coming on ok.. theres a small little patch where theres isnt much happening, im 8 months post HT at the mo.. anyone have an opinion what i would be entitled to in this case?

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Hi Petesman

Last we spoke you were going to contact them to see what they had to say,have you not bothered yet and is there still no growth in that small patch.

As i have said before i hit a brick wall complaining to DHI in Greece but hopefully for you the doctor in Ireland is more understanding.

One other point i never asked you is was the doctor who said you were not a good candidate the first time the same doctor who done your fue.

Thanks

no it was a diferent doc.. ive my evaluation coming up around the 23rd of this month so ill be booking my self in for in around that date. still no growth i that patch.. im going to post updated pics over the weekend

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Thanks Petesman

One more question,did the second doctor say why he would do your HT and the first one refused.

Looking forward to your pictures

Bill, chucky,

Thanks for your responses. Sorry i didnt get in touch sooner but work has been manic lately!

david from stockport,

Please please listen to Bill'. He's right, there is so much more to life than hair. I think half the battle is in our mind, not on our head.

Good luck everyone. I have no idea where to go next for consultancy, but i'm going to take my time. And keep up the good work, this site has clearly helped a lot of people. It's made me realise that there are so many other people in the same boat as me.

If/when I find treatment, i'll post some pics.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I was hoping you could advise.....

I am looking into Propecia as an option for me. Has anyone in here used it, and if so, did you have any of the known side-effects?

I am 25 years old and do not want to reduce my chances of having children in the future.

Many thanks

I had 2,800 hairs transplanted end of January (2008), my second large procedure with dhi. I am a GP and did a fortune of research before going to Greece for my procedures. I have read some negative views about dhi, but my experience with them was first class. They have very experienced and talented surgeons and I have been thrilled with my results. The procedure was painless and on each occasion I have only had to take a few days off my busy schedule. My hairline is nearly completely restored with more hairs growing out every month (since my recent procedure) and it looks entirely natural.

Steve,

This is your second post since you registered over a month ago and both posts were on a DHI thread giving them a raving review. And if your experience is legitimate, then I'm happy for you.

But too many times, clinical employees come here masquerading as a satisfied patient just to rave about their excellent review generally speaking.

So if you are a legitimate satisfied patient, I encourage you to create your own thread, share your experience, before, immediately postoperative, and after pictures for all the world to see.

By the way, did you have 2800 hairs or 2800 grafts? 2800 hairs is only about 1400 follicular unit grafts.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Steve H:

I had 2,800 hairs transplanted end of January (2008), my second large procedure with dhi. I am a GP and did a fortune of research before going to Greece for my procedures. I have read some negative views about dhi, but my experience with them was first class. They have very experienced and talented surgeons and I have been thrilled with my results. The procedure was painless and on each occasion I have only had to take a few days off my busy schedule. My hairline is nearly completely restored with more hairs growing out every month (since my recent procedure) and it looks entirely natural.

Steve H isn't just advocating DHI here, but also on DHI's youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qOHa75nMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjmymyFtHA