"bruise" healing time on trans. area and time length to grow?

I am in a wedding 23 days after my surgery for hair transplant in the hariline....will I still have a bruised purplish looking zone where the hair went or will it be faded enough? Also MY wedding is 4.75 months after the transplant....will the hair be grown in enough to look good or not...the Dr. says I am young and about 70% of the hair should be about and inch and a half long...should I risk it.....I'll probably be pretty receded by my wedding and want to do something? Please help.

I am in a wedding 23 days after my surgery for hair transplant in the hariline....will I still have a bruised purplish looking zone where the hair went or will it be faded enough? Also MY wedding is 4.75 months after the transplant....will the hair be grown in enough to look good or not...the Dr. says I am young and about 70% of the hair should be about and inch and a half long...should I risk it.....I'll probably be pretty receded by my wedding and want to do something? Please help.

It is hard to say exactly, but 23 days after your surgery the recipient area should be slightly red, but not very noticeable. I think you'd be fine.

At 4.75 months after the transplant, the hair will look decent, but not good, based on my experience. You should figure rougly 10% of the results per month. You'll be at best 50% grown in and probably not more than 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long at that time... again based on my experience.

Go to my website and scroll down a bit to the pictures that compare Pre-op, 5 months post-op, and 8 months post-op to see what I mean. The link is below.

Mr. T

Mr. T's web page

These HAVE to be microscopically-trimmed Follicular Unit micrografts, otherwise all bets are off.

In order to maximize healing speed, the grafts need to be as small as possible (trimmed under binocular microscopes) and the recipient sites need to be as small as possible.

You don't mention your doctor's name... If he doesn't use the smallest possible grafts and the smallest possible recipient sites, that will increase your healing time.

Vitamin C speeds healing, take about 1000mg spread throughout the day. Smoking slows down healing, so if you are a smoker that's a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Minoxidil speeds the growth process up dramaticly in my opinion. A lot of guys reporting early growth started Rogaine very quickly post op.

Whoops's web site Disclaimer - I am an Independent Hair Restoration Advisor and I may receive financial compensation for referring patients to certain doctors. Any views expressed are my own and not those of any Doctors I may represent.