Nu hart transplant in a wk

Ramsees

No knowledge of them personally, but I haven't heard good things based on old posts on this board. Do a search for "NuHart" and check out what others have said.

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

I would call them and ask if they use microscopes (not "magnification" but microscopes) to dissect the grafts. If they do not use microscopes, I would cancel the surgery and get your money back.

Microscopes can increase graft yield by a reported 20 to 30 percent. In other words, it is possible that if a clinic doesn't use microscopes, they are wasting you precious donor supply.

Read the article "Best_hair_transplant_procedure" and if NuHart is not doing this exact procedure (microscopic dissection of Follicular Unit grafts) you are not getting the best procedure.

What you want to avoid are "Minigrafts". Ask them if they use Minigrafts. If so, I recommend you cancel your procedure.

Did you meet an actual doctor before your surgery was scheduled, or was your meeting with a "consultant"? Did the consultant recommend surgery to you? Did the consultant suggest a certain number of grafts, or a certain number of procedures?

If so, these activities are actually ILLEGAL. (It's the "practice of medicine by a non-physician"). You may want to mention that, if the clinic doesn't want to refund your deposit for some reason.

If I were you, I wouldn't go to any clinic that advertises on TV. Those clinics are not the best, and they are also not the cheapest 9 times out of 10.

I have no experience but certainly read some bad crap about NuHart. My opinion of them is that they are a chop shop aka hair mill.

You might get a decent HT there, but you risk more and your odds of disappointment are greater than with a top doc.

This site offers many choices for a top doc. Certainly enough that you can pick and choose.

Or go it on your own. Certainly, that is fine. Make sure all FUs and microscopic dissection from the doc you choose, as arfy wrote.

Best of luck with your decision.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Didn't Grizzly Adams have work done by them, and appear in their infomercial, when his "acting" career was over?

"...as a member of the Hollywood community, I know how important looks can be. It can mean the difference between having your own television series, and all the babes and cocaine that go with it, or doing this infomercial at 4 am. That's why I chose Nuhart for my work...the free grafts I'm getting in exchange for this endorsement will definitely get me back on next year's Circus of the Stars... "