Konior or Shapiro

brb

Hi, I am looking for a small procedure to be done. Probably under 2000 grafts. I live in the Chicagoland area, but I heard a lot of good things about Shapiro. Which would you all recommend Dr. Konior or Shapiro? Thanks, the site's been really helpful

Hi, I am looking for a small procedure to be done. Probably under 2000 grafts. I live in the Chicagoland area, but I heard a lot of good things about Shapiro. Which would you all recommend Dr. Konior or Shapiro? Thanks, the site's been really helpful

You can't go wrong with either one of these docs. It's difficult to decide between excellent and excellent. Sometimes you just have to look at pictures, visit with the doc and maybe some patients. You might get a feel for who you want after that.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I'd suggest if you have it narrowed down to two excellent Doctors, and all things seem to be equal, go with the Doctor that in your evaluation that you seem to click with best. These Doctors are part artist, so you goals need to mesh with their vision too. Good luck and keep us posted with photos please. Cheers. S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

All of the advice you have been given is "Spot" on!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

In past year or so, I have pointed many sufferers toward Dr. Konier, and those who decide to choose him have been more happy with his work.

Because Dr. Konier made it to my final 3-4 Docs before I choose Dr. Shapiro, this situation is rather near to my own, so here is what I tell everyone who comes to me with this question.

BOTH Dr.s are excellent.

BOTH Dr.s facilities and staff are superb

BOTH Dr.s patient care and follow care are superb

BOTH Dr.s constantly attempt to improve, add equipment, give back to the HT industry.

So, from these perspectives you are choosing between two GREAT Docs.

Now, my PERSONAL opinion is this,

Dr. Shapiro creates/recreates hairlines to perfection. Most would agree (this includes many Docs as well) that he is a master at creating/recreating soft, natural hairlines that mimic nature. This is why I went to Shapiro.

In addition, Dr. Konier uses internal disolvable sutures coupled with a running plastic glue/tape for his closures.

Pat has seen this first hand, and agrees it produces fabulous results. I agree as well.

I however, like staples (call me crazy) for producing the best scars. This is a PERSONAL observation only.

Pricing is not really an issue because you are right around 2000 grafts, so that point is moot.

At this point, I would suggest an in-person consult with both Docs. I can tell you that they both have hundreds of patient photos that are unpublished on the net for you to view, PLUS, you will get a better "feel" for which Doc is best for YOU.

I hope this helps you out.

If you don't mind, please let us/me know your experiences and your impression of each visit.

Thanks Again and Good Luck!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.