8 dys post op guestion

hello everyone,I am 8 days postop,things are going well.No redness and just a little soreness.On my recipient area,I have little tiny scabs after I shower,soap and rinse.My question is can I start to put aloe vera lotion on it now?

Scooter

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

hello everyone,I am 8 days postop,things are going well.No redness and just a little soreness.On my recipient area,I have little tiny scabs after I shower,soap and rinse.My question is can I start to put aloe vera lotion on it now?

Scooter

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

Scooter

It is normal for the scabs to fall out as well as the hair eventually. As far as putting anything on the grafts, follow the doctors directions ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Scooter,

Mrjb is correct. It's always best to follow the advice of your doctor.

I didn't start putting any Aloe on my recipient area until most of the scabs were gone, but for me, that was by day 7 or 8.

By 8 days, the grafts are pretty well secured and you should be gently working the scabs at this point in the shower with your finger tips by running them in a circular motion. Do NOT use your nails. Do this for about 10 minutes in addition to regular shower time and do it gently. It also helps to shower twice a day until the scabs are gone.

What I did worked for me and is generally suggested but should be confirmed by your doctor.

Bill

Sounds good.Thanks for the advice fellas.I feel like my whole area is healing up very nicely.Still somewhat numb though.But there is no redness.I see Dr.McClellan on Weds,if the scabs are still there by then I will definitely ask him.

Scooter

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

Scooter,

I am 4 days post op. My doctor advised after day 7 to soak the graft area with a wet wash cloth for about 10 minutes prior to shampooing, this will help to loosen the scabs. I have experienced no problems with redness or pain, just the normal swelling which is already going away. Good luck and happy growing. Slowly

Another way to get the scabs to release early is to apply neosporin covering the scabs in it 30 to 60 minutes prior to showering as recommended by my HT doc.