can you get fue in the scar area if you end up with a less than favorable result? will it grow in that area just as it would in a normal balding area?

if so, then if one would like to go for a max# grafts and ends up with a visible scar this seems like a viable option. I cant imagine it requiring too many grafts to fill in.

can you get fue in the scar area if you end up with a less than favorable result? will it grow in that area just as it would in a normal balding area?

if so, then if one would like to go for a max# grafts and ends up with a visible scar this seems like a viable option. I cant imagine it requiring too many grafts to fill in.

hiya,do a google search for whoopsweb im sure he had about 5 proceedures of which one im sure was fue into the scar.its a good site with lots of pics.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• Moderators

Transplanting into a scar works. Years ago when scalp reductions were done. The somewhat standard practice was to do a scalp reduction and then at the next session cover the resulting scar with grafts. It's only in the last few years now that scalp reductions are no longer done that people (and even Doctors!) somehow forget that the hair grew in the scars.

However, I don't think it's a good idea to do a max session size that would create a wide scar with the thinking that you can go back later and fix the scar. It is much better to have a very thin scar to begin with and not have to worry about it later. If you're going to end up with 2 sessions, it seems to me to be better to put both of them to your thinning area rather than have to deal with scar repair with the 2nd one.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.