Hair loss Meds, the basics

Bleachcola12

Hey guys, I looked at Robert's thread up above and that was helpful. But i really want to give the non surgical treatments a year to see if they really work before jumping in the surgical chair. I know in prior posts I have said ive been thinking about surgical dates etc.. But i really want to give the Rogaine a chance.What my question is is what are the basics, what do i need exactly? I know Rogaine is a necessity, also propecia/proscar. But is there anything else? Such as a specific vitamin or anything, please I would love your input

Hey guys, I looked at Robert's thread up above and that was helpful. But i really want to give the non surgical treatments a year to see if they really work before jumping in the surgical chair. I know in prior posts I have said ive been thinking about surgical dates etc.. But i really want to give the Rogaine a chance.What my question is is what are the basics, what do i need exactly? I know Rogaine is a necessity, also propecia/proscar. But is there anything else? Such as a specific vitamin or anything, please I would love your input

Bleachcola

Finasteride (Propecia/Proscar) and minoxidil (Rogaine) are the only FDA approved medications for hair loss. IMO Finasteride is the most important med because it inhibits DHT and stabalizes/slows down the hair loss process. Finasteride should be the foundation of your hair loss meds. IMO adding Minoxidil when you are already taking Finasteride can provide a slight "boost" giving a synergetic effect.

The "Big 3" are finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral 2% EOD.

Everything else is trim. Potentially useful trim, but trim.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo