Thinking about another procedure..is their hope

kjp

Hi,

Just wanted to say how great i think this web site is.I just found it recently and thinks its great people can share information.I am thinking about getting another procedure done to correct past procures i had done many years ago.Some history,I am 36 now and had procedures done when i was 21,23,25 done by Dr Brandy in Pitts. I guess at the time after researching i found him to be the best at doing mini and micro transplants and i was bascially given a lower hair line than i should have been given and a very noticeable clumpy transplant.I was very upset how it turned out and very aware that people were looking at my transplant when they should be looking at me in the eyes when i talk to someone.I decieded when i was 28 to get a procedure done by Dr true in n.y .It was a large session which turned out better than the first three but as i have gotten older and thinned some i feel like i am in the same boat with a hairline i hate and i can barely look in the mirrior without getting upset.I feel it is very noticeable and i have had people even ask me if i had a transplant done.My donor scar has widened and needs to be addressed also.I have been using propecia and rogaine for a long time to slow loss. I guess i am asking is their hope for me to look like i have'nt had any work done and have a soft natural hairline Thanks Ken

Hi,

Just wanted to say how great i think this web site is.I just found it recently and thinks its great people can share information.I am thinking about getting another procedure done to correct past procures i had done many years ago.Some history,I am 36 now and had procedures done when i was 21,23,25 done by Dr Brandy in Pitts. I guess at the time after researching i found him to be the best at doing mini and micro transplants and i was bascially given a lower hair line than i should have been given and a very noticeable clumpy transplant.I was very upset how it turned out and very aware that people were looking at my transplant when they should be looking at me in the eyes when i talk to someone.I decieded when i was 28 to get a procedure done by Dr true in n.y .It was a large session which turned out better than the first three but as i have gotten older and thinned some i feel like i am in the same boat with a hairline i hate and i can barely look in the mirrior without getting upset.I feel it is very noticeable and i have had people even ask me if i had a transplant done.My donor scar has widened and needs to be addressed also.I have been using propecia and rogaine for a long time to slow loss. I guess i am asking is their hope for me to look like i have'nt had any work done and have a soft natural hairline Thanks Ken

Hey Ken,

I know how you feel. I was butchered by a Philadelphia doctor. All 2's and 3's in my hair line combined with huge grafts. Everyone one stares right at your head while in a conversation. I have had 3 ht touch ups totaling 2k of grafts to cover poor work. One more should help out. All ht's are noticable when you know what to look for.

Dr.Ron Shapiro in Minnisota is the best for hairlines. I am having the low graftline on my forehead lasered in an attempt to improve some of the asthetic damage done to me by DR. Magdalin (MHR) 2 years ago,although the skin has an orange peel look to it at least there wont be pluggy sprouts coming out of it.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Ken,

My history is similar to yours over the last 15 yrs with multiple surgeries, but I was pretty happy with my procedures for the type of HT they had before microscopic FUs-- However, like you as years went by, the hairline was not up to my standards-- That is when I went to Dr. Shapiro this past year for a 100% natural hairline which has turned out AWESOME and I had limited donor hair. At the same time, he consolidated 2 scars doing scar revision while extracting my donor strip for HT.

I would highly Dr. Shapiro for you situation and you will not be disappoited.

Well I really apreciate all your input on this subject.Smoothy i think we share the same results from previous surgeries.I actually have two donor scars too. I guess i just have to get myself in the mood to get one done again and deal with the shedding and the waiting time for growth.Dr Shaprio seems very well recommened by everyone.Has the prodcedures changed as far as pain when getting one done? Its been 9 yrs since i had my last one done. Thanks Ken

kpj,

The pain is 100% better than 10yrs ago, You do not feel anything, and the shots are a lot less and better. Due to the microscopic FU techniques, their is no pain whatsoever in the recipient area of the new grafts. The donor area is only a slight discomfort for the first week and doesnt hurt nearly as bad as a decade ago because of the extraction techniques used (they use multi blades that do not cut as deep and the closures techniques are better with both staples and stiches).

If your worried about the pain, I would say now it is probably about 90% pain free compared to what we used to have both during the HT and recovery (they do not even wrap up your head like the past-- just put a baseball cap on and go back to the hotel with an ice pack for comfort on the donor area-- it really is a breeze)