I'm just 20 yo, and I'm thinking about hair transplant. I need advice. THANKS

felixxiano

Hey there! I'm just 20 yo, and I need some advice about hair transplant. I don't have problems about hair lost, my problem is the density of my hair. The hair is homogenous throught my head, and I would like to ask for advice about hair transplant to increase the density of my hair.

The hair loss has affected me enormously. For the last 2 years, I haven't felt comfortable if I'm not wearing a cap 'cause I don't the way I look.

I'm just a 20 yo college student, and I would like to ask you about the price because I don't that much money to spend

Thanks for your help

Hey there! I'm just 20 yo, and I need some advice about hair transplant. I don't have problems about hair lost, my problem is the density of my hair. The hair is homogenous throught my head, and I would like to ask for advice about hair transplant to increase the density of my hair.

The hair loss has affected me enormously. For the last 2 years, I haven't felt comfortable if I'm not wearing a cap 'cause I don't the way I look.

I'm just a 20 yo college student, and I would like to ask you about the price because I don't that much money to spend

Thanks for your help

Hair transplant can cause you to lose hair, even the newer FUE. Since you seem to have diffuse thinning, which I also had at your age. I would higly recommend. Propecia or dutasteride if you can afford it. Also use minoxidil 5%. This will halt further hair loss and at your stage very likely cause significant regrowth. You can do this for a couple of years and Hair multiplication may become a reality which will in essence be a cure for hair loss. By all means do not get a hair transplant at this time. Try the meds first.

I agree with Poet. Because you are so young, it means you haven't been losing hair for very long. You should respond extremely well to Propecia, because it seems to work best on guys with "recent loss".

You are not bald enough for a hair transplant.

Thanks for your help. I may sound very stupid, but you have no idea how much this situation has affected my life.

I don't feel comfortable having the hair I have, and that's why I'm quite interested in hair transplant.

If you see me in person, you would probably laugh about my hair. I've seen pictures of many of the people here, and there's no point of comparison between my situation and yours. However, I'm really young, and for the last 2 or 3 years, I haven't done many things that I used to like. I don't feel comfortable going to school if I'm not wearing a cap. I see all my classmates with plenty of hair to have a nice look, and I'm probably the only exception among my friends.

I agree with poet and arfy ( well, at least this time icon_smile.gif

density usually doesn't work fine with HT.

HT is more suitable for bald areas and if you are over 2, 2A NW.

Try oral Finasteride 1mg. ( Proscar, Propecia, Eucoprost ) and/or acelaic acid + B6 vitamin pirodoxin + zinc topic solution, the most powerfull anti-androgenics for the skin.

IF IT ISN'T PERFECT, ISN'T GOOD

I felt the same as you when I was your age. I got transplants when I was about 25, which was a mistake, as more hairloss caused it to look bad after a while. Fortunately I have recently found a good HT surgeon to fix me up.

You may find this hard to believe, but it could be much worse. Get on propecia and Rogaine, and think about it for a while. At your age, you have plenty of time.

believe me I and others understand totally what you are going through. I'm not saying forget the HT, as if I'm brushing you off and think your concerns aren't valid. I know very well how emotionally vexxing it. Hair loss has driven me to the point of suicide many times. I have said what I said to you because I care, and because now about 10 years after I noticed I was losing my hair. I realize ironically I may have been better of doing nothing. I'm not advising that for you. Propecia in the long run will be the best for you. The surgery may seem dramatic and definitive, but it is an imperfect solution. You must have particular characteristics to really benefit from each kind. Your characteristics lend itself to using meds.

Felix,

I just turned 21 and can totally relate to you. My hair started thinning when I was barely 19. I was lucky though and my parents noticed and took me to the dermetologist and got a prescription for propecia. It took at least 8 months to a year for it to really kick in. My hair is thin on top in some areas, but as of now it looks like it has dramatically slowed down if not stopped falling out. So for me it looks promising in the future. To hide the thinning areas, I just started using Toppik, which really works great-totally undetectable. Propecia is the key though. You need to get a prescription for it immediately. Don't worry about sexual side effects-we're 20 some year old college guys-enough said :-) Results may take a while, but its well worth it! Transplants aren't for us quite yet. If propecia effectively stops your hair loss, then look into the transplants in a few more years(even in our mid 20's). You're at a major advantage here, believe it or not, to stop the thinning and prevent it from going all the way. Best of luck to you man, peace.

(From a post I made on Jan, 3rd)

I wish someone would have told me to do the following things when I was 23, when I started receding from the front (I'm 31 now):

1. Start taking Propecia.

2. Slap on a bit of Emu Oil before bedtime, and rub it into your scalp/hairline in particular.

The fatty tissue underlying your scalp is beginning to disappear thanks to age and being male. Females don't lose any of this fatty layer, and it's held by some to be one of the contributing factors towards Male Pattern Baldness. Emu Oil has been shown to significantly restore this fatty layer beneath your scalp, and to actually increase the width of your hair follicles in the process.

Ever hear of the now-deceased actor Anthony Perkins?

According to an interview I once read several years ago, in Playboy magazine, given by actor Christopher Walken, Anthony Perkins shared the following advice with him when he expressed his concern about his receding hairline: (to paraphrase) "...that the reason that men go bald is because after a certain age they lose the layer of lanolin beneath the scalp which women always retain, making it get tighter and consequently constricting the blood flow required - at that level - to feed the follicles in perpetuity... That if you grab a really good fistful of your hair, from all topside areas, and really yank it in all directions for a couple minutes every day, that that will keep the scalp nice and loose, and your hair won't fall out."

Christopher Walken then went on to say that Perkins said that ever since he started doing that, he never looked back. Walken then went on to say that that's exactly what he's been doing every day of his life since then as well ??“ and look at him now!

I, myself, don't have the inclination to do this to myself EVERY DAY, so it makes sense to me that Emu oil is actually a means to the same end!

If you want to know an excellent source of knowledge on all the ways in which your hair can benefit, spend 15 bucks and buy/download this book, ??Alternative Treatments for Hair Loss', available at http://thinningscalp.com/. You'll find links to 89 natural treatments, supplements, and remedies (with no half-arsed science behind them either ??“ yet another thing I wish I was told about when I was 23). Don't worry about the "89" bit, either, just read it and you'll learn a hell of a lot about some of the more beneficial vitamins, shampoos, and DHT cleaners that are available out there at grocery store prices already. 3 or 4 of the products listed within have proven useful enough for many alone.

Hope this helps...

HarryLemon

[This message was edited by HarryLemon on January 21, 2003 at 12:42 AM.]