Odd shaped hairs falling from grafts

It's been over 2 weeks since my procedure, and i've noticed some graft hairs falling out. Some are strange; I noticed that they are straight, and when it gets down to the bottom where it comes from the follicle that its bent at a 45 degree angle. Anyone else have this?

It's been over 2 weeks since my procedure, and i've noticed some graft hairs falling out. Some are strange; I noticed that they are straight, and when it gets down to the bottom where it comes from the follicle that its bent at a 45 degree angle. Anyone else have this?

havent had a ht myself, but I do know that all of the transplanted hairs are going to shed during this time frame. Im sure your doc explained this to you. right? How the hell do you find these hairs and check that their bending at a 45 degree angle anyway? what do you have CSI equipment over there? I dont know. My eyes are so bad I probably dont even notice hairs anywhere...

Oh. Sorry man, I dont know the answer to that question. But, Im sure its nothing. I know I would be freaking out if I just had a ht too and over analyzing all of this. Thats precisely why I havent had one yet. I know Ill worry myself to death. Im sure its nothing. From my understanding, once they transplant the hairs your pretty much good to go. Unless you have a car accident or some really jolting phenomena which would cause the grafts to fly from your head...Sorry if Im not much help on this one. But I SERIOUSLY doubt theres anything to the bent ends of the hairs.

John,

I too have experienced this. Not sure why they are bent but assumed normal. I wouldn't stress about it.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi

If it is post op over 10 days or so you are ok .. As long as there is no blood it is compeletely normal to lose grafts

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi

If it is post op over 10 days or so you are ok .. As long as there is no blood it is compeletely normal to lose grafts. If you are that concerned call your doc. It certainly cannot hurt .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I had exactly the same thing and got curious so I put them under a microscope to look at them. It appeared to me the transplanted hairs were VERY dry and the hair itself (not the follicle) had basically broken almost at the scalp level. It had not completely broken in half though so it had a bent appearance.