Will I look like Gramps ?

Spitfire

Hi all, I'm new here to the forumn, been hanging around and looking for a few days though. Great Site ! well done mods. Anyways here is my ?, I am 43 years old, I would say I am 2a to 3 on the hair loss chart, I have a receding + thinning hairline in the v-shape, very noticible from the side profile but not from straight on, looks ok straight on, sorry no pic yet. Anyways my older brother is 45 he is like me only35-40 % worse than me. My father has lots of hair, my grandfather however would be classed a 6 on the hair loss chart. I saw a picture of him when he was 53 and he was a 6 then, almost completely bald down the middle, save a few stragglers.Does that mean in 10 years from now that is my fate ? even though I do not look anywhere near as bad as that now at 43 . I started to notice my thinning around 34 years old.

Regards

Spitfire

Hi all, I'm new here to the forumn, been hanging around and looking for a few days though. Great Site ! well done mods. Anyways here is my ?, I am 43 years old, I would say I am 2a to 3 on the hair loss chart, I have a receding + thinning hairline in the v-shape, very noticible from the side profile but not from straight on, looks ok straight on, sorry no pic yet. Anyways my older brother is 45 he is like me only35-40 % worse than me. My father has lots of hair, my grandfather however would be classed a 6 on the hair loss chart. I saw a picture of him when he was 53 and he was a 6 then, almost completely bald down the middle, save a few stragglers.Does that mean in 10 years from now that is my fate ? even though I do not look anywhere near as bad as that now at 43 . I started to notice my thinning around 34 years old.

Regards

Spitfire

There is no way to predict anything, except to say that hair loss is progressive. Some guys start sooner, some guys start later, some guys go quick and some guys go slow. But hair loss never "stops" on it's own. It may go into a dormant phase where nothing changes, this dormant phase could last for several years or more.

But in general, hair loss will progress, sooner or later, and it helps to use Finasteride, Dutasteride etc to stop or slow down progress.

Where will you be in 5 years, who knows, but hair loss will still be an issue.