The Value of This Site /Dealing with Disruption

uncjim

Without question, the value of this site is derived from the content of the posts. Everything else flows from there. We are people sharing real experiences. Unfettered access to these experiences can be invaluable, and for some, help educate.

When someone posts that this site is "bogus, what is clear is that person is being nothing more than provocative. What they are looking for is a reaction. Critic was a perfect case in point. Look at all of the attention he received and most agree that his posts were devoid of substance.

Others, it is already clear, will be emboldened by Critic's "success". It's my contention that the best way to deal with these inflammatory posters, is to simply ignore them. Don't give them the attention they desire. Let them simply dry up and go away unfulfilled. I for one, don't appreciate the true value and purpose of this site being interrupted.

Thank You Pat!

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Without question, the value of this site is derived from the content of the posts. Everything else flows from there. We are people sharing real experiences. Unfettered access to these experiences can be invaluable, and for some, help educate.

When someone posts that this site is "bogus, what is clear is that person is being nothing more than provocative. What they are looking for is a reaction. Critic was a perfect case in point. Look at all of the attention he received and most agree that his posts were devoid of substance.

Others, it is already clear, will be emboldened by Critic's "success". It's my contention that the best way to deal with these inflammatory posters, is to simply ignore them. Don't give them the attention they desire. Let them simply dry up and go away unfulfilled. I for one, don't appreciate the true value and purpose of this site being interrupted.

Thank You Pat!

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Uncjim

With all due respect, I think that when someone raises questions or make comments, people should respond on the merits of their posts. I didn't find Critic disruptive, because I didn't really see any depth to his complaints. I think healthy skepticism is good (and I'm sure you do too) but a guy has to present logic or facts or evidence.

The thing about "ignoring" posts... it won't address the problem and will allow it to build.

Also, there is that old saying "there are no dumb questions". If Critic is wondering about the legitimacy of the website, maybe a few other people are too. (Even though anyone spending any time on this site would see it is a real melting-pot, with a lot of different voices). As long as posts are topical, I think we should just roll with it.

I hope you are doing fine.

arfy

Jotronic

I thought evrything Critic said was countered with logic, and answered.

I'm not saying his posts were making sense, he didn't make a single point in my opinion. Stuff is going to come up, and the way to deal with it is to deflate it, that's all. I think that's what happened.

I guess I didn't really absorb that you took lot of the heat until now. I think a little controversey is fine, but Critic was a mosquito, with no logic or substance. Don't let it bug you, and don't be swayed.

I'll say it again, your website is extremely useful for portraying a contemporary HT from the patient's perspective. That was unheard of in the past.