h.t. question need some opinions

hi all,I'm 31,bout norwood3 & have maintained on fin and minox but after the 1yr mark i've been gettin sides,recently ive cut down on the fin, wanna hav a ht this year but not sure if i'll b able 2 carry on taking fin which means i may be a bad ht candidate. Anyone know if i quite fin later can i maintain post ht (crown) with topicals?Im sure going to try have the ht regardless. any suggestions??? thanks jojo(family genetics wise - my eldest bro is near 50 and a norwood 5/6)

hi all,I'm 31,bout norwood3 & have maintained on fin and minox but after the 1yr mark i've been gettin sides,recently ive cut down on the fin, wanna hav a ht this year but not sure if i'll b able 2 carry on taking fin which means i may be a bad ht candidate. Anyone know if i quite fin later can i maintain post ht (crown) with topicals?Im sure going to try have the ht regardless. any suggestions??? thanks jojo(family genetics wise - my eldest bro is near 50 and a norwood 5/6)

Are you worried about losing your native hair post

HT? I think if you're conservative with your first HT and keep sufficient donor hair for future, you should be ok. The best person to give you advice though, is an ethical HT surgeon and there are plenty of those on this site. I am 30 and had similar questions, though I ended up getting my first HT a couple of weeks ago. Consult with a few good docs and you'll be fine!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

I'm thinking when i get the ht, and if i get fed up with the fin sides, (brain fog,lazyness,low libido)there getting to me,and give the fin up then I'll start to loose hair behind the newly transplanted hair going back towards the crown, but will get ht with Rahal i think, and worry about the crown later, If i must quit fin after ht hopefully keep crown with topicals or a 2nd ht later if or when its needed. Man I'm getting fed up being a hat slave and cant wait to feel better about my appearance again. Will be calling/emailing pics of head to rahal soon - wish me look i cant wait to get it sorted. thanks jojo

i suppose my main concern is this and if someone with similar experience cud give me advice that would be great - if i get a ht i have to stay on the finasteride? thanks

I just had to chime in here...

I strongly feel that all physicians here, including Rahal, are very ethical.

They've great track records in all regards. Fortunately we have this community for this (and other reasons).

Ths is the place!

is that really true about lazyness and "brain fog" being side affects of finasteride? I have noticed i've been kinda lazy and have had problems focusing and studying for my classes. Never thought it was because of fin. I've been thinking about getting back on adderall because it's been a problem. sucks cause i hate the side affects of adderall, but it works.

hi hatrick, yeah lazyness and headfog is a pretty common side effect from fin, ive cut down fin1mg to EOD and feel better also i've read that you can take a pill and a quarter of fin 1.25(i think) bad at maths, every mon wed fri and have same results cos it stays in your body etc for quite a while perhaps everyone is different. Also apparently it takes longer for you to become immune to fin taking it m,w,f. Anyways I'm starting taking 1 1/4 generic propecia this week m,w,f. Also exercise - I've started a brisk walk EOD, VitB comlplex and Zinc i hear they help too with sides.

ya i actually just started to take it at night before i go to bed. already have noticed a difference. i dont think you can become immune to finasteride though. for some people the drug has little or no effect, but if you are one of the 90% of men who experience the benefits it wont change unless you stop taking it.