Late shedding?

The Von

Hey all. Im 25. Ive been on propecia for about 10 monthes and initially I never experianced any shedding that many people have described. However in the past few weeks I have noticed signifigant shedding, and my hair looks real thin a feels like straw. Is this normal? I have read that this may be a sign that new growth is going to occur..could this be the case? Or couold the propecia have stopped working? I dont know, im trying not to freak out, so any info would be appreciated.

Hey all. Im 25. Ive been on propecia for about 10 monthes and initially I never experianced any shedding that many people have described. However in the past few weeks I have noticed signifigant shedding, and my hair looks real thin a feels like straw. Is this normal? I have read that this may be a sign that new growth is going to occur..could this be the case? Or couold the propecia have stopped working? I dont know, im trying not to freak out, so any info would be appreciated.

A question I would ask is if you have the same source for Propecia as always. Have you started a new bottle or gotten the recent pills from an overseas source?

If you are sure the quality of the pills is consistent throughout the 10 months including your current batch, then I don't know what is happening to you.

In a way, it sounds as if the current effects you are having are similar to those you'd have if you stopped taking Propecia altogether after being on it for a while.

Jeez, then I'm not sure.

With Proscar, Merck produces it in the USA for sale in the USA in ONLY bottles of 30 or 100. That is it. If it is 28, 56, or something else, it is an overseas source. US laws affecting Merck's quality control cannot and do not extend outside of US borders. But you can still buy Proscar/Propecia made overseas. I personally think it is risky, so I pay more for US made Proscar.

Anyway, that is why I was asking if your source was the same. Overseas quality may in fact be as good as made in the USA -- you just don't have that guarantee in the form of US law and potential megabuck lawsuits.

Ive been noticing that my scalp and hair is really dry lately. I noticed that my conditioner has cetearyl alcohol as the second ingredient. Wouldnt this cause the hair to dry out? Is there any good moisterizng shampoo or conditioner you guys could recommend? I tried the tricomin shampoo but it seemed to dry my hair out even more. Any off the shelf stuff that works good? Also has anyone else ever had this problem? could the propecia be having bad affect on my hair/scalp? Any dodctors on this site ever seen this problem?

I've been asking the same question about dryness of hair and scalp possibly caused by Propecia and excessive shedding and have seen others post that question here for months. Would any doctor please give us your expert opinion. Thanks!