Long Awaited Second Procedure Monday

Well, Monday is the big day. I am having my second procedure with Dr. Epstein. My results were lacking for whatever reason on the first procedure so Dr. Epstein is going to do what is necessary to make me the "poster child". I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'll keep everyone posted.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Well, Monday is the big day. I am having my second procedure with Dr. Epstein. My results were lacking for whatever reason on the first procedure so Dr. Epstein is going to do what is necessary to make me the "poster child". I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'll keep everyone posted.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

it doesnt matter how many procedures u have its not going to satisfy you. hairtransplants are an elusion. u werent happy with the first so what makes you think the second will be different.ive had two procedures and the second was a worse mistake than the first. dont let them scar the back of your head up anymore

Originally posted by wishicouldgoback:

it doesnt matter how many procedures u have its not going to satisfy you. hairtransplants are an elusion. u werent happy with the first so what makes you think the second will be different.ive had two procedures and the second was a worse mistake than the first. dont let them scar the back of your head up anymore

Do you happen to know of some new 'miracle' pill or tonic that'll end baldness? Your posts seem to be setting us up for something of that sort..... icon_razz.gif

I'd say also there have been thousands of happy patients come through this place. My scar is virtually undetectable now and I'm only five months. It will get much better as time goes on as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

yes dewayne and you will have to continue to have more procedure done in the future which means more scarring and soon the donar hair will run out but your hair will continue to fall out and 10 yrs from now you will end up with very thin hair and all those scars will shine through then. i know this because im in that position. no i dont know of a miracle drug but i know id rather have no hair and no scars than very thin hair and a scrred up head that people stare at and ask what the hell happened

Time to Do Something,

I feel you are doing the right thing by going back to Dr. Epstein so he can do everything in his power to give you the best hair transplant possible.

I hope you'll share your experience and photos with us after surgery so we can follow your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by wishicouldgoback:

But havent there been a lot of people not satisfied with their 1st or 2nd HT's that ultimately did like their last HT? Why not think positively for him?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

If this question is out of line just tell me but I'm curious about going back to the same doctor. He may be a great doctor so please dont take that the wrong way. I was just curious if this is a make up session or if you are having to pay full price again.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego,

I hear your concerns.

Dr. Epstein is working with this patient and replacing all grafts that did not grow for free. His case has been discussed on a previous thread and is the exception rather than the rule. Though it's discouraging to be one of the exceptions with poor hair growth, I believe he is doing the right thing by going back to an exceptional surgeon who will do anything to make things right.

Best wishes,

Bill

I appreciate your comments and I do like to hear the good with the bad. This site is not about sugar coating everything. We will all have different experiences. It sounds to me that you must have used a surgeon who did not have the ability to produce ultra fine results leading to a scared head and you may have fine hair further aggravating the situation. My scar is virtually undetectable at this point according to my hairstylist. The hair that has come to the surface looks very natural like it was the hair I was born with. I am not concerned about the scar because Dr. Epstein is known for his ability to produce a minimal scar and I have thick rather coarse hair covering it. I hope this procedure will provide me with the density results outlined in my initial consultation and Dr. Epstein has assured me he will do that at any cost to him to get me where I need to be. This is a very unusual case but for those of you out there considering a procedure you can at least rest assured if you are one of the unlucky minority of patients who have delayed or minimal growth Dr. Epstein will make it right.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

wantego,

I hear your concerns.

Dr. Epstein is working with this patient and replacing all grafts that did not grow for free. His case has been discussed on a previous thread and is the exception rather than the rule. Though it's discouraging to be one of the exceptions with poor hair growth, I believe he is doing the right thing by going back to an exceptional surgeon who will do anything to make things right.

Best wishes,

Bill

That is really great. I respect that the doctor is standing by his patient like that. I hope it works out in a fantastic way for both patient and doctor!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs