Long Island, NY, Dr. reviews-PLEASE HELP!

Good day group,

I live on Long Island, NY, and I am considering getting a third (and maybe more) treatment(s).

I have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate if the group could answer to assist me.

My first two procedures were done by Dr Hitzig. I am not happy with results I got. But maybe it is OK. I am not sure. Are his methods new? Best? Sound? I know about his legal nonsense. Who cares. I care about whether he is good or not. Any feedback?

I am now seeking a new doctor.

Here are the doctors I am considering:

Alan Feller

Mark Baxa

Robert Dorin

Robert True

They all have offices on Long Island

(Does any one know of any other good MD's on Long Island?)

Out of these doctors, which do you feel is the best with best results?

I am not a rich man, so Alan Feller's statement in his ad on the site that he works relatively inexpensively is intriguing. Is he still good?

Does he use the best techniques?

What is the best technique that I should make certain these doctors use when I speak to them?

Which one's of the above use the newest and best procedures?

Does Feller use them?

Has anyone used Feller? Any feedback?

Any idea how much approximately feller charges for an average procedure? The others?

If my units are screwed up, how about having them removed and replaced? Is this a big deal? Am I going to look like heck for awhile if this is done? Does it have to be done?

I have itching sometimes, years later. What is this?

Is these anyone who knows a lot about all of this that I could spend a few minutes with on the phone? I would appreciate it eternally.

If so, you may email me at:

acil@optonline.net

Anyone else may feel free to email me with help as well. Thank you

Thank you all for contributing by taking time to answer all the above questions.

Thank you and God bless

CD

Good day group,

I live on Long Island, NY, and I am considering getting a third (and maybe more) treatment(s).

I have a few questions that I would greatly appreciate if the group could answer to assist me.

My first two procedures were done by Dr Hitzig. I am not happy with results I got. But maybe it is OK. I am not sure. Are his methods new? Best? Sound? I know about his legal nonsense. Who cares. I care about whether he is good or not. Any feedback?

I am now seeking a new doctor.

Here are the doctors I am considering:

Alan Feller

Mark Baxa

Robert Dorin

Robert True

They all have offices on Long Island

(Does any one know of any other good MD's on Long Island?)

Out of these doctors, which do you feel is the best with best results?

I am not a rich man, so Alan Feller's statement in his ad on the site that he works relatively inexpensively is intriguing. Is he still good?

Does he use the best techniques?

What is the best technique that I should make certain these doctors use when I speak to them?

Which one's of the above use the newest and best procedures?

Does Feller use them?

Has anyone used Feller? Any feedback?

Any idea how much approximately feller charges for an average procedure? The others?

If my units are screwed up, how about having them removed and replaced? Is this a big deal? Am I going to look like heck for awhile if this is done? Does it have to be done?

I have itching sometimes, years later. What is this?

Is these anyone who knows a lot about all of this that I could spend a few minutes with on the phone? I would appreciate it eternally.

If so, you may email me at:

acil@optonline.net

Anyone else may feel free to email me with help as well. Thank you

Thank you all for contributing by taking time to answer all the above questions.

Thank you and God bless

CD

CD,

You've got loads of good questions...........I'll take a stab at answering a few of them.

For starters, though you've had 2 prior HT's, where are you currently on the norwood scale and what is your age? Also, can you provide pics or give a good description of where you need improvement? It will help those here to better assess your situation.

As for the Doc's, two on the list are Coalition Surgeons. Check out the others for references along with their location and review the requirements for coalition membership..........it is the highest of standards for providing ultra refined follicular unit transplants. Furthermore, I wouldn't let location determine your surgeon. Many will include airfare and hotel stay or give you a credit in grafts. I flew from Illinois to Vancouver, BC for my 2nd HT and would do it again in a second!

When doing your research (lots of research), consult with many of the Doc's to find the one best suited for you. Review their work on people with similar loss and background to you to see if it's satisfactory. Ask to see a few in person, if possible. Poll the HTN for those you're considering and see what others here have to say about them.

If you're consulting with Coalition Surgeons, many of your concerns should be put to rest regarding the "best technique". If not, you'll want to be sure they offer "ultra refined" FUT's with minimally invasive incisions, angulated placement of grafts to match your original growth pattern and trichophytic donor closure method to give you the thinnest of scars for the donor area.

Cost varies..........on average you're going to pay anywhere from $3-$5 per graft (I heard $5.50 mentioned recently) for the first 2000 grafts. Most places discount after the first 2000 or so down to $2-$2.50 per graft so it depends on the size of your procedure. You can negotiate a little with some of them by taking a cancelled appointment or being flexible on your schedule, some will not budge on pricing.

Graft removal can be accomplished but, as long as you're not talking about hairline work, I would think you could have an expert surgeon strategically place new grafts around those areas. I think it would be the first choice.........if not you can address removal Q's with the surgeon of choice.

I'm not sure why you'd have itching that stems from a HT after a few years. Could just be a scalp irritation and nothing to do with a HT. Talk with a dermatologist or mention it to your HT surgeons during consults. You might try using an anti-fungal shampoo such as Nizoral a few times a week and see if it helps.

I'm no expert but if you'd like to discuss by phone send me a private message and I'll provide you my phone number.

Hope this helps!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

CD,

I would get on some other forums as well. There are docs here that aren't promoted on other forums, and vice versa, and then you will be able to see a clearer picture arise. Then pick the docs you are considering, consult with them, and try to see their patients' results in person, that will give you the best idea of what to expect.

IMO, Feller has a pretty solid rep based on my research. Haven't found anything negative about him yet. But other guys will (or should) tell you this too- you shouldn't make distance the deciding factor. Not all doctors ar created equal, and this is a fact. There are good doctors out there, and then there are great docs. If I were in your shoes, I'd want to get results from a great doc, regardless of where he is located. I'm not going to tell you who I think is a great doc (since we all have obvious biases), but there are only a handful in N. America. You want to feel confident that you're going to one of the best docs with a LOT of experience before you sit in that chair. And in your case, where there is some possible repair work to be done, the list of docs who excel at this is even shorter. Good luck in your search my friend.

• Administrators

Alexander,

Yes, there are hair loss doctors presented in dozens of hair loss directories and a few forums who are not on this community, including Dr. Hitzig (who by the way has a long history of patient complaints). Many of these physicians are not on this site for good reason.

For example, those who are regulars on this forum know that surgeons like Dr. Alvi and Dr. Poswal have built a buzz for themselves online. But those who are regulars on this forum know why they are not recommended on this community.

I don't claim to know or present all good doctors on this community. But I know that the very best surgeons presented on this community are unsurpassed by any one any where in the world. So why present physicians who use other doctors' patient photos or dense pack slight temporal recession on 19 year olds so they can look 16 again or who engage in covert marketing on the forums?

Pat

Note - CD posted his above post on two different forums so my reply to him and the reply of others is at http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/9741097532

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Alexander,

I can only speak from my experience with Dr. Dorin and Dr. True. I could go on and on about how good they are at their profession but I think allowing you to view my postings and blog will really put it into perspective for you. If you do some research with in this forum you will also find other opinions on these doctors. In my blog there is a section at the beginning about my first surgery. Please start with that link first and then continue with the blog. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them.

My Blog

When I said get on other forums, I'm not saying that this forum is necessarily bad, or that other forums are better. I'm saying that each forum paints part of a picture- there are some that are better than others, but you have to talk to lots of different people and see lots of different patients to get a feel for what's out there. So in CONJUNCTION with this forum, he should be looking at others as well, that's all. Wasn't my intention to slam this site at all.

No one forum or person can be the be-all, end-all resource for information. There are some excellent docs listed as sponsors here, but there are some excellent docs that aren't as well. A patient must be vigilant and make sure he finds the right doc for his needs, that's all I meant.

I've had 2 procedure with Dr. true and highly recommend him and his practice. i've heard great things about Dr. Feller as well but I would suggest you meet them in person

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 4 months later...

The best thing to do is go to all the dr's you listed and see which one you feel comfy with. All the dr's you listed are excellent choices I went with feller , i felt he is a no b.s. guy and got right to the point with pricing and fu count.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

Originally posted by Alexander:

When I said get on other forums, I'm not saying that this forum is necessarily bad, or that other forums are better. I'm saying that each forum paints part of a picture- there are some that are better than others, but you have to talk to lots of different people and see lots of different patients to get a feel for what's out there. So in CONJUNCTION with this forum, he should be looking at others as well, that's all. Wasn't my intention to slam this site at all.

No one forum or person can be the be-all, end-all resource for information. There are some excellent docs listed as sponsors here, but there are some excellent docs that aren't as well. A patient must be vigilant and make sure he finds the right doc for his needs, that's all I meant.

Hi Alexander,

We'll if you know of any excellent doctors and have URL's to their results I'm sure we would all be interested in them, regardless if they are in the coalition or not. I believe this is an open forum interested in great results from ethical doctors. If you know any that fit the bill post them along.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006